Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Nomad will return to NAIAS, or is the concept dead? I'm a big fan of it and hope to see a return, but haven't heard a peep about it. Curious to see if they change the design, or if it's just the same as it was. I'm still hoping for the Nomad to be my second Kappa purchase! :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
With absolutely no news about it recently, my guess is that it is dead. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a different concept based on the Kappa architecture for GM at the show. Maybe even a Nomad with some changes in an attempt to make it more appealing. However, I would bank on something different. They seemed to indicate it wasn’t received all that well. Too bad, because I thought it was terrific.

·
5,600 Posts
I love V8s with RWD. But I was really, really, really enticed by the Nomad and was seriously envisioning a Solstice for weekend/vacation travel and a Nomad for commuting and daily duties. Serious. A 2 kappa king of guy.

Most cars of the sort are Econobox fugly. The Nomad would be gorgeous, sporty and still somewhat practical. Had me drooling, GM. I hope they resurrect it or something similar.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Just hoping it hasn't been completly taken off the show circuit and starts making the rounds of the lesser shows. But the way they yanked all publicity and let leak its demise, even that may be doubtful. Don't know what focus group they survied to lead them to believe there was a "less than enthusiastic impresssion" at its showing last year. Still very interested and could see myself as a two Kappa owner as well. :thumbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts