Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That would be bad news.

I'm just over 5'6, and if the seats are not adjustable, it had better not be pre-set to someone who is 6'0ish.

Bah... this best not be true.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
That would be bad news.

I'm just over 5'6, and if the seats are not adjustable, it had better not be pre-set to someone who is 6'0ish.

Bah... this best not be true.
Adjustable up and down? Usually power seats do, regular ones don't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
This is a concern of mine, as I was considering keeping the car simple (i.e. manual seats) maybe we will have an answer soon!

PAS22
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,887 Posts
I thought GM standards were from the 5th percentile to the 95th percentile person for all vehicles. Just like GM has a standard that tire chains must fit on a vehicle (yes, even the Vette) which dictates certain wheel to body gaps in the fenders at a minimum.

I can't imagine that you'll have a problem at all fitting in this if you fit in other GM cars. We already know the Solstice will accomodate the taller folks (over 6 foot).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,041 Posts
My Miata has inclined rails on it's manual seats. As the seat moves forward it also elevates, as it moves back it drops down. Hopefully GM utilizes a similar system to accomodate a full range of driver heights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rlhammon said:
I can't imagine that you'll have a problem at all fitting in this if you fit in other GM cars. We already know the Solstice will accomodate the taller folks (over 6 foot).
The only car I've ever owned and driven on a regular basis is my Mercedes... but even my father's Camaro feels a little big... not too bad I guess... but it's adjustable, at least.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Miata Man said:
My Miata has inclined rails on it's manual seats. As the seat moves forward it also elevates, as it moves back it drops down. Hopefully GM utilizes a similar system to accomodate a full range of driver heights.
See, this is actually a bad feature for me due to my build. I have shorter legs but a much longer upper torso, so in order to reach the pedals I have to either tie blocks to my feet or move the seat forward. So now the seat is forward it puts me up higher in the car, and I end up with my head in the roof aka Fred Flinstone Style (FFS, thanks to RODEO :D).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
brentil said:
See, this is actually a bad feature for me due to my build. I have shorter legs but a much longer upper torso, so in order to reach the pedals I have to either tie blocks to my feet or move the seat forward. So now the seat is forward it puts me up higher in the car, and I end up with my head in the roof aka Fred Flinstone Style (FFS, thanks to RODEO :D).
:lol:

I was just going to say this, but you said it. Now I'm just post posting. My statement was more like:

"if that feature exists in the Solstice, people like brentil are f**ked!"

Short, sweet, and unlike most of my posts :glol:

I even got a comment from Skycaptain on ANOTHER forum for the length of my posts... assuming that THAT "Solsticeman" is the same one here...
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
brentil said:
Fred Flinstone Style (FFS, thanks to RODEO :D).
Hey, mr. B, I'm thinking of a new avatar, FFS :brentil:

or maybe a smilie :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
brentil said:
See, this is actually a bad feature for me due to my build. I have shorter legs but a much longer upper torso, so in order to reach the pedals I have to either tie blocks to my feet or move the seat forward. So now the seat is forward it puts me up higher in the car, and I end up with my head in the roof aka Fred Flinstone Style (FFS, thanks to RODEO :D).

It was actually Dino whose head popped through the roof. :brentil: Fred's feet went through the floor. :lol:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Hey, Brentil sent me a pic of his MSM test ride, no wonder he's mad, he doesn't fit:



:glol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
RODEO said:
Hey, Brentil sent me a pic of his MSM test ride, no wonder he's made, he doesn't fit:



:glol:
HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!
Ok, that was just too damn hilarious. I'll have to think up some sort of new avatar to go along with this damn FFS. :brentil:

achieftain: Yeah I know it was Dino, it was jsut a joke Rodeo and I had going from PMs. :D
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
the red brentil face DOES go well with the red MSM :lol:

Where did the non-adjustable seats thing ome from? What did it say exactly? Could someone interpret what non-adjustable seats means?

thx!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top