Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That would be bad news.

I'm just over 5'6, and if the seats are not adjustable, it had better not be pre-set to someone who is 6'0ish.

Bah... this best not be true.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
That would be bad news.

I'm just over 5'6, and if the seats are not adjustable, it had better not be pre-set to someone who is 6'0ish.

Bah... this best not be true.
Adjustable up and down? Usually power seats do, regular ones don't.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
This is a concern of mine, as I was considering keeping the car simple (i.e. manual seats) maybe we will have an answer soon!

PAS22

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I thought GM standards were from the 5th percentile to the 95th percentile person for all vehicles. Just like GM has a standard that tire chains must fit on a vehicle (yes, even the Vette) which dictates certain wheel to body gaps in the fenders at a minimum.

I can't imagine that you'll have a problem at all fitting in this if you fit in other GM cars. We already know the Solstice will accomodate the taller folks (over 6 foot).

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My Miata has inclined rails on it's manual seats. As the seat moves forward it also elevates, as it moves back it drops down. Hopefully GM utilizes a similar system to accomodate a full range of driver heights.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rlhammon said:
I can't imagine that you'll have a problem at all fitting in this if you fit in other GM cars. We already know the Solstice will accomodate the taller folks (over 6 foot).
The only car I've ever owned and driven on a regular basis is my Mercedes... but even my father's Camaro feels a little big... not too bad I guess... but it's adjustable, at least.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Miata Man said:
My Miata has inclined rails on it's manual seats. As the seat moves forward it also elevates, as it moves back it drops down. Hopefully GM utilizes a similar system to accomodate a full range of driver heights.
See, this is actually a bad feature for me due to my build. I have shorter legs but a much longer upper torso, so in order to reach the pedals I have to either tie blocks to my feet or move the seat forward. So now the seat is forward it puts me up higher in the car, and I end up with my head in the roof aka Fred Flinstone Style (FFS, thanks to RODEO :D).

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
brentil said:
See, this is actually a bad feature for me due to my build. I have shorter legs but a much longer upper torso, so in order to reach the pedals I have to either tie blocks to my feet or move the seat forward. So now the seat is forward it puts me up higher in the car, and I end up with my head in the roof aka Fred Flinstone Style (FFS, thanks to RODEO :D).
:lol:

I was just going to say this, but you said it. Now I'm just post posting. My statement was more like:

"if that feature exists in the Solstice, people like brentil are f**ked!"

Short, sweet, and unlike most of my posts :glol:

I even got a comment from Skycaptain on ANOTHER forum for the length of my posts... assuming that THAT "Solsticeman" is the same one here...

·
4,592 Posts
brentil said:
Fred Flinstone Style (FFS, thanks to RODEO :D).
Hey, mr. B, I'm thinking of a new avatar, FFS :brentil:

or maybe a smilie :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
brentil said:

It was actually Dino whose head popped through the roof. :brentil: Fred's feet went through the floor. :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Hey, Brentil sent me a pic of his MSM test ride, no wonder he's mad, he doesn't fit:

:glol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
RODEO said:
Hey, Brentil sent me a pic of his MSM test ride, no wonder he's made, he doesn't fit:

:glol:
HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!
Ok, that was just too damn hilarious. I'll have to think up some sort of new avatar to go along with this damn FFS. :brentil:

achieftain: Yeah I know it was Dino, it was jsut a joke Rodeo and I had going from PMs. :D

·
4,592 Posts
the red brentil face DOES go well with the red MSM :lol:

Where did the non-adjustable seats thing ome from? What did it say exactly? Could someone interpret what non-adjustable seats means?

thx!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts