Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what people who weren't lucky enough to EOP are doing...waitlist I guess?

If so, when are you'all thinking that youll be able to get one?

One quesiton, I called my local dealer and he said he had "two orders left" of his allocation of seven...he wanteed $5k over MSRP...sounded sketchy to me so I think I am going to call other dealers...

Congrats to all you EOPers...

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
sight unseen said:
Wondering what people who weren't lucky enough to EOP are doing...waitlist I guess?

If so, when are you'all thinking that youll be able to get one?

One quesiton, I called my local dealer and he said he had "two orders left" of his allocation of seven...he wanteed $5k over MSRP...sounded sketchy to me so I think I am going to call other dealers...

Congrats to all you EOPers...
Since you do not say from where you are there are a couple of dealers in this forum that sell for MSRP. I do not now if they have any cars available but maybe they will see this an respond. I know one is GTOJ from Dallas he is a supporting dealer, Good luck and DO NOT pay a dealer over MSRP.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I agree with LV, try hard to find someone who is honoring MSRP. Some dealerships have a policy about that. Even if it means you have to drive a ways to get there or wait a few months it's worth it.

Welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply...I agree.

I have been calling around. That is the only one who had basically any info...everyone else said, I will call you when I know more...so I gave them my # and got on some waiting list

One told me that May 18 was the day they find out about thier allocation (beyond EOP)...does that sound right? IF so, I guess I am looking at October before I get it??

I am in the bay area...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
What I was told

My dealer here in Houston told me he was being allocated 5 Sols in the first production wave. He had already gone into the system and configured them for stock.

When I went in on Monday, he reconfigured one of the order cars for each of the first 5 EOP hopefuls that came in. He submitted our info to EOP, but we missed. So, his policy is that the first 5 cars in are to our specifications and they are set to come in in the order we were in for EOP. Since I was first, I hope this holds true. There were 7 of us total and I do not know what is happening with other 2.

BTW, just for comparison, there has been no mention of pricing over MSRP, nor did they want a deposit even when I offered it. They said the order in my name is sufficient. IMHO this is how it should be handled.

I'm disappointed I didn't get an EOP, but still anxious to get one of the first in town.

·
Registered
844 Posts
:rant:

Time for someone to hijack this thread......

HOW IN HECK IS THIS A NON-EOP THREAD?? :cuss:

I am getting sick and tired of all the EOP crap at this site, can we please just talk about the CAR, because the freaking EOP is OVER, stick a fork in it because it's DONE! :willy:

GRRRR!

(for those of you who want to chat about your bloody EOP, go right ahead, but do it in the proper forum, why do you have to post in the general discussion area?)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Um...If you read my posts, I am asking for input for those who DIDNT get EOP..

might want to reel back on the espresso there...

Thanks for the input for those that replied..

·
Registered
284 Posts
I missed getting in on the first 1000 but I got put on the waitlist. My dealer also put my order into VOM and said that he would put it through with top priority so that the first one that they get in would be mine if I didn't get bumped off of the waitlist into the first 1000. He didn't require a deposit even after I offered and he said he would not mark it up at all. All-in-all he has treated me very fairly and has done everything he could to help me out.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good dealers can be found!

simmonsmb said:
I missed getting in on the first 1000 but I got put on the wait-list. My dealer also put my order into VOM and said that he would put it through with top priority so that the first one that they get in would be mine if I didn't get bumped off of the wait-list into the first 1000. He didn't require a deposit even after I offered and he said he would not mark it up at all. All-in-all he has treated me very fairly and has done everything he could to help me out.
I had a very similar experience. My dealer has treated me very well, been frank, and willing to say, "I don't know, but I'll find out!" After some arm twisting, about a week before the 15th, I finally convinced my dealer to accept my deposit. The reason that I placed a deposit was so that I could get in writing that they would charge me MSRP for either an EOP vehicle, or one from their regular allocation. He signed the deposit acceptance agreement saying, "Sure."

There! I had locked in MSRP:cool:

For others, mceb's advice is sound--don't be afraid to drive to a different dealership. Heck, you can always get a one way rental car to go pick it up, and make it a road trip with your significant other.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts