Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what people who weren't lucky enough to EOP are doing...waitlist I guess?

If so, when are you'all thinking that youll be able to get one?

One quesiton, I called my local dealer and he said he had "two orders left" of his allocation of seven...he wanteed $5k over MSRP...sounded sketchy to me so I think I am going to call other dealers...

Congrats to all you EOPers...

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
sight unseen said:
Wondering what people who weren't lucky enough to EOP are doing...waitlist I guess?

One quesiton, I called my local dealer and he said he had "two orders left" of his allocation of seven...he wanteed $5k over MSRP...sounded sketchy to me so I think I am going to call other dealers...

Since you do not say from where you are there are a couple of dealers in this forum that sell for MSRP. I do not now if they have any cars available but maybe they will see this an respond. I know one is GTOJ from Dallas he is a supporting dealer, Good luck and DO NOT pay a dealer over MSRP.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I agree with LV, try hard to find someone who is honoring MSRP. Some dealerships have a policy about that. Even if it means you have to drive a ways to get there or wait a few months it's worth it.

Welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply...I agree.

I have been calling around. That is the only one who had basically any info...everyone else said, I will call you when I know more...so I gave them my # and got on some waiting list

One told me that May 18 was the day they find out about thier allocation (beyond EOP)...does that sound right? IF so, I guess I am looking at October before I get it??

I am in the bay area...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good dealers can be found!

I had a very similar experience. My dealer has treated me very well, been frank, and willing to say, "I don't know, but I'll find out!" After some arm twisting, about a week before the 15th, I finally convinced my dealer to accept my deposit. The reason that I placed a deposit was so that I could get in writing that they would charge me MSRP for either an EOP vehicle, or one from their regular allocation. He signed the deposit acceptance agreement saying, "Sure."

There! I had locked in MSRP:cool:

For others, mceb's advice is sound--don't be afraid to drive to a different dealership. Heck, you can always get a one way rental car to go pick it up, and make it a road trip with your significant other.;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
sight unseen said:

I would advise that you look at many more dealers and if you can't find one at MSRP wait. It's going to be awhile before we get our hands on one anyway and things will likely settle down heading into the winter.
I found a dealer who is selling at MSRP on my first try :)

·
5,641 Posts
sight unseen said:
...he wanteed $5k over MSRP...

Keep in mind that the EOP first 1000 cars can be over MSRP also.

Dealers were given an idea of their first 4 months of production numbers on April 8th. The May 18th date is the current estimate of when the numbers will be available month by month for dealer planning. The first ordering cycle starts June 2nd.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the June 2 date my dealer seems more than a little lost right now, nice guy just does not seem to tightly plugged in. He says I will get #2 of his regular production deliveries but seems to think he will be able to order on April 25, the day after the EOP closes. Course I also had to explain what a Cat-back exhaust system was to him.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I got mine for at MSRP. I'm hoping to get it for less if the GM discount is available by the time I pick my car up.

You have to find a dealer that is willing to do it for you. There are nice dealers out there.

·
5,641 Posts
Denser said:
Thanks for the June 2 date my dealer seems more than a little lost right now, nice guy just does not seem to tightly plugged in. He says I will get #2 of his regular production deliveries but seems to think he will be able to order on April 25, the day after the EOP closes.
We are all getting tripped up over the definitions of certain words. I am trying to improve the clarity of my posts, but everyone has been tripping me up. When multiple people from different places and experiences start to talk, they can all end up with different ideas and answers.

"Order" for exmple. Dealers have been able to "order" Solstices for a couple of weeks. What that means is we can configure cars-colors-equipment-buyer names and put this infomation in to an "order" in our "order" bank on VOMS (Vehicle Order Management System). This will get us a GM generated VOMS "order" number to go with our dealer generated "order" number. For first 1000 EOP cars, this must been done by the 25th, and the VOMS generated order number must be put into the Solstice1000 dealer site data base.

"Order Cycle" is a process that runs from Wednesday to Tuesday with several steps. On Wednesday we see order constraints (things not avaialble or available in limted quanities) and estimated build weeks. On Thursday we see how many of each carline and contraints we are available to order. We can also request additional if they are available. We adjust our order banks to meet these numbers or place additional orders as required. We assign prority numbers to our orders. This has to be completed by Saturday. The system does its magic on Sunday and Monday. On Tuesday we see what orders we received and have the rest of the day to make any new changes within the constraints.

So we may "order" now, but nothing matters until the "order cycle" starts in June.

And I will keep working on my posts. :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
My dealer just called (the one I've been talking to for a couple weeks now), he said he got 1 order through for the first 1,000 and he has sold all 5 of his allocation. He said unless GM produces more cars I won't get one until Spring.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Small Dealer said:
So we may "order" now, but nothing matters until the "order cycle" starts in June.
Very helpful explanation, Thanks!

Just one more clarification, if you don't mind.

Does this mean that the "order cycle" that starts in June will be the first opportunity that dealers will have to predict when their orders against regular allocations may be built?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Be sure to get your MSRP in writing...

I posted this a while back, but since the topic of MSRP and dealing with dealers has come up here, I'm reposting it...

Originally posted at: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27350#post27350

For those that have not already put down a deposit with a handshake agreement (or none at all) I strongly encourage you to get any verbal agreements you make with regard to MSRP in writing.

The time when you place the deposit is the perfect time to set the expectations. After you place the deposit, it will be substantially more difficult, because you won't have any immediate monetary leverage with the dealer.

When I placed my deposit, even though the Fleet Manager (who I was working with) and several of the other employees including the Finance Manager said that they didn't sell above MSRP [they said they were selling the G6 at sticker], I took with me the following agreement:
2006 Pontiac Solstice Deposit Acceptance

In consideration for $500 in deposit to be applied to the purchase price, -dealer-name- agrees to offer (subject to availability) -your-name- a 2006 Pontiac Solstice at MSRP without a dealer or market based price markup. This MSRP price point will apply to a unit purchased through either the Early Order (First 1000) program or a regular order from their dealer's regular allocation.

Signed:

The standard disclaimer applies: "I am NOT a lawyer." ;) It's just a suggestion for how you can get something preventing markup gouging in writing.

Reading it now, I realize a subtle point about the agreement clause: if the dealer refuses to offer you the car at MSRP, then they must refund your deposit because to offer a car for sale with some type of markup would breach the agreement.

·
5,641 Posts
dengel said:
Very helpful explanation, Thanks!

Just one more clarification, if you don't mind.

Does this mean that the "order cycle" that starts in June will be the first opportunity that dealers will have to predict when their orders against regular allocations may be built?
The regular allocation distribution by month should/could be available to dealers around the 18th of May. That is the schedule now as of 4/7/2005.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't pay over in San fran-Bay area...

:yesnod: All, thanks for the inpt/advise on this thread...

I know most are after first 1000--missed my opportunity and dont care that much personally

After searching for 2 days found an honest dealer in bay area with 7 allocated (post EOP) and 3 left...2 now...the majority of those left in the bay area want $5k over...

$500 deposit...got to configure it....coming in mysterious...I am bieng told August/September delivery...does that sound similar to others order post-EOP?

Anyway, no in writing MSRP, but, its the company policy not too and even if he signs it, its not an agreement to sell, so I am not sure it binds him anyway

Anyone in Bay area still searching let me know...I can send over dealers info...

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
sight unseen said:
After searching for 2 days found an honest dealer in bay area with 7 allocated (post EOP) and 3 left...2 now...the majority of those left in the bay area want $5k over...
Good for you, great work finding an MSRP dealer.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Smiles all around

sight unseen said:
:yesnod: All, thanks for the inpt/advise on this thread...

-snip-

After searching for 2 days found an honest dealer in bay area with 7 allocated (post EOP) and 3 left...2 now...

-snip-

$500 deposit...got to configure it....coming in mysterious...I am being told August/September delivery...
Congratulations on finding a good dealer and getting a car! :thumbs:

Make your first road trip across the Golden Gate and on up the Pacific Coast Highway. It goes all the way up to the border with Canada across some of the most spectacular bridges in the West. It's the quintessential roadster road. :cool:

Be sure to feed your Solstice premium gas. ;)

·
Registered
905 Posts
I just got an order in! My old hometown in Virginia is getting 3 cars and they only sold 2 of them! I got my early order application in and he said they should be able to let me configure my car within a couple weeks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks...huge headache...but It was worth it...

Yeah, good thought on PCH...Actually, if you watch the Sky commercials on the site, at least one was definitely shot in the Marin Headlands/Tiburon just north of the golden gate...the rest look very much like the same area, but w/o golden gate, you cant be sure...however, probably shot all the commercials in the same area..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Denser said:
Thanks for the June 2 date my dealer seems more than a little lost right now, nice guy just does not seem to tightly plugged in. He says I will get #2 of his regular production deliveries but seems to think he will be able to order on April 25, the day after the EOP closes. Course I also had to explain what a Cat-back exhaust system was to him.
I'm having a similar experience with my dealer in the Northern Neck of Virginia. A very nice, small town dealer, clearly not with enough sales volume to have enough pull with his zone manager to get a straight answer as to what his regular allocation will be. Today he told me that he figures he'll get at least one this year... and it will be mine. Anybody have any suggestions? I'd like to do business with this dealer if at all possible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts