Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the VIN numbers after the first 1000 just take off where 1000 left off?

Meaning, will we get 1001, 1002, etc... or are they going to butcher the VINs so they don't look as cool?

·
5,641 Posts
The vehicles produced before this weeks start of EOP cars were 100001 and up.

The 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices are been produced as 000001 and up.

It would make sense that when the free maintenance, zero zip, and regular production starts they will go back to where they left of in the 100001+ run.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Small Dealer said:

The 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices are been produced as 000001 and up.

It would make sense that when the free maintenance, zero zip, and regular production starts they will go back to where they left of in the 100001+ run.
Might make sense but sucks if true. They have 99,000 places left before the "preproduction" ones to produce, which is almost 5 years worth of production at 20k per year.

I was hoping we would ALL have VIN of 4 digits. :brentil:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Small Dealer said:

It looks like you are correct SD.

I just checked with my dealer and i have been assigned VIN# 100657
VOMS showed a build date of 7/22, which can't be right.

I thought a VIN wasn't assigned til later in the process.

Any idea how many pre-production cars were produced?

·
Registered
936 Posts
hyzer said:
It looks like you are correct SD.

I just checked with my dealer and i have been assigned VIN# 100657
VOMS showed a build date of 7/22, which can't be right.

I thought a VIN wasn't assigned til later in the process.

Any idea how many pre-production cars were produced?
Not saying it is not true but I dont understand how you can have a vin already if you don't even have a 1K car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either.

Going to go back to dealer tomorrow and inquire further.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ateam_77 said:
Not saying it is not true but I dont understand how you can have a vin already if you don't even have a 1K car.

I don't understand either. And I'm a zerro zipper. Let us know what the dealer say's.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
VIN can be assigned anywhere in the process I think. When I bought my SUV I got a VIN months before the car was delivered...in fact I think it was very early on after ordering it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Went back to my dealer today, sales mgr showed me a letter from Pontiac.
Apparently a bunch of cars from the makeup groups were reassigned as test vehicles. Guess that's why VOM showed my car as built with a VIN#.

They gave me a new VOM# and put me back in at the end of the makeup group pool. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
ateam_77 said:
A VIN is assigned as soon as your car has been added to the build schedule. That way they can forecast demand for various parts and materials as each car approaches its build date.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Zilla said:
A VIN is assigned as soon as your car has been added to the build schedule. That way they can forecast demand for various parts and materials as each car approaches its build date.
so by that method all EOP cars should have a vin before non EOp cars. My car is code 3400 and I don't have a vin, so how does a non eop car get a vin first. The cars are being built in order according to GM.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
ateam_77 said:
so by that method all EOP cars should have a vin before non EOp cars. My car is code 3400 and I don't have a vin, so how does a non eop car get a vin first. The cars are being built in order according to GM.
If GM's building quality control cars in the line they might get VINs mixed in with the EOP cars. Plus we've speculated several times that non-EOP cars might get built alongside EOP cars, but just not finished/delivered before EOP cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts