Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this by saying I’m not trying to start a problem or say anything bad about a member of the forum.

Can any of you guys who live near Norms shop or have him working on something for you confirm everything is ok with Norm and his shop? I’ve tried to reach him the last week or more to check status of my side skirts but his number seems to be disconnected or something. I don’t think I’m blocked because I’ve tried from a couple numbers - plus Norm and I have had a great talking relationship. I’ve purchased from him in the past and loved his work.

I’m just a little worried maybe something is possibly wrong? I’ve been a member here since 2005 and don’t stir up problems so please understand I’m just reaching out to the folks I know might be able to let me know.

Thanks guys.

David (solactor)

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Norm is OK! Sometimes takes awhile to get order. Small shop. Everything I have ever purchased from Norm came in relatively quickly. I have heard of others taking time. Great quality, takes pride in his work. You will not be disappointed. When I was at his shop to purchase a hood and have it installed, he had one person, as far as I could tell, working for him at that time. I plan on ordering a set of fenders this winter.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might have misunderstood. I have ordered from him before as well and I know it’s a small shop and his work is the best that is why I ordered from him again. But I’ve never not been able to reach him by phone or email for a couple weeks. So I was hoping someone who lives near him (I think a few guys do) or that have seen or talked to him in the last couple weeks could confirm all is ok with him.

·
Super Moderator
5,951 Posts
On 7 September KappaSky posted that he visited Norm "a few weeks back". When did you start having trouble contacting him?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The message on the phone doesn’t say voicemail full it just beeps and never connects. It has been about 10 days or so. I don’t know how all carriers work but usually they say the voicemail is full.

Guys, I hope it is just that he’s busy and maybe a phone issue but I would feel a lot better if I knew. I know the folks here care about Norm and love his passion for our cars. Thanks for the suggestions .

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I understand the concern...

And David is saying it is not the parts ordered but concern for Norm's well being. Is he OK? That's hard to find out sometimes in the age of eternal communications and it breaks down because you are one person alone. When we age and live alone, or work alone, our circle of friends may be many miles away and very few local who would miss our presence as they never see us anyway. If something happened perhaps the local PD or EMS would know, or perhaps not, until way too late.

For my thoughts, I'd think it might be a good thing if one of the group could go and check in with Norm. If he is OK then perhaps him knowing people care about him, as well as his products for our cars, might make a difference in his communications. I don't think any of us who know how a craftsman works expect a business or social reply immediately and from all I've read we know his time line is eternally in flux. This is about is he OK, not what's happening with my widget.

Just saying...

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
174 Posts
From what I understand, I thought he was going to move shop. I recall hearing this from another member as well. Not sure if this is the case.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I found out I have a brother in law - in law (there are 14 so don’t know them all) that travels to Bremen about 30 mins away from Norms for work. IF he was to go to Mishawaka to the address will he see Norms Fiberglass? Is there signage and a shop or is it a smaller type place?

·
Registered
113 Posts
There's no real signage at his shop identifying it. It is a medium size industrial building with a lot of various auto parts outside, next to a railroad crossing on Division St.& there is a large cement pad that was his old shop next to the present building
:|

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
From what I understand, I thought he was going to move shop. I recall hearing this from another member as well. Not sure if this is the case.
That's what I read too. Plus Norm owns several other buildings around town.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,225 Posts
A long distance land line call to Norm's phone number "cannot be completed as dialed"

Cell call to the same number also has an intercept that indicates that the number dialed is "no longer in service."

Someone closer to Norm than me needs to stop by his shop and do a bit of poking around.

I'm a bit over 200 miles away from Norm's shop.

:dunno:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A long distance land line call to Norm's phone number "cannot be completed as dialed"

Cell call to the same number also has an intercept that indicates that the number dialed is "no longer in service."

Someone closer to Norm than me needs to stop by his shop and do a bit of poking around.

I'm a bit over 200 miles away from Norm's shop.

This is what I’m hoping someone can do. I got the same results trying to call.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,225 Posts
This is what I’m hoping someone can do. I got the same results trying to call.
I know you did, but a month has gone by since your original post in this thread, so I thought I'd give him a try.

Now I'm getting concerned.

He's always been hard to get a hold of, but not like this.

·
Premium Member
1,665 Posts
I'd be very careful about randomly showing up at someone's office uninvited. Norm is a great guy (based on my limited personal experience with him), but having a random, unknown entity show up could be a bit off-putting.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still hoping somebody will hear something and post it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts