Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relatively late to the party and have not been waiting nearly as long as most of you. Nonetheless, I am already impatient. I placed an order with my dealer on 22 August and was told it should be picked up by GM by 22 September.

After checking back I find that the order didn't get picked up but will be no later than 13 October. I am suspicious by nature but this kind of delay seems to be par (or better) for the course.

Any opinions? (What, you expect this group to have opinions!) Is it likely I am getting the straight dope?

·
Registered
905 Posts
There are some people who ordered back in April who haven't even gotten picked up yet. What is your position in the dealer's allocation?

·
5,641 Posts
There was no allocation ("pick up") for Solstice in the dealership order cycle starting on September 22nd. This was only known on the 22nd when the cycle started and reports became available.

Your dealership should be able to access a report that shows there allocation numbers for the next three dealer order cycles (Sept 29, Oct 6, and Oct 13).
They obvioulsy know this report, that is why they are confident that the order will be "picked up" by the 13th.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
35 Posts
Placed my order on 18, August and I'm at 1100 event code or "Order Placed". My order still has not been moved to 2000 "order rec'd by GM" I'm being told by my dealer that I won't see my car until February or March "at the earliest". I felt it should at least be 2500 code "order preferenced" (picked up by GM) by now. I'm still hoping that after EOP vehicles (Early order program/ apprentice) and ZZ (zero Zip Code additional Allocation) vehicles are cleared out of Wilmington that cars will start flowing to owners, but I must say I'm not very confident I'll see this car in my driveway. I'm just not that patient, especially when there are other choices and I'm in need of a vehicle LONG BEFORE Feb or March. I also don't feel GM cares about me enough to give me credible, solid information, (or they don't know the correct info)as I get another story from each person I talk to (Dealer salesman, Delaers Sales Manager, Pontiac Support, etc). 6 Weeks for the order to be basically input into the system (Dealer Order Pool) and nothing else is pretty bad! I've heard 8 cars being made per hour/ per shift x 2 shifts which equals +/-128 cars per day or 645 cars for a 5 day week. This is 2580 cars a month. Where are they going? I realize that I've waited a fraction of the time that some here have, but I also didn't order 5 months BEFORE production started. By these calculations they should ALL have their cars already and the rest of us should be moving up in the system. ?????????????? :brentil:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
deepsol06 said:
Placed my order on 18, August and I'm at 1100 event code or "Order Placed". My order still has not been moved to 2000 "order rec'd by GM" I'm being told by my dealer that I won't see my car until February or March "at the earliest". I felt it should at least be 2500 code "order preferenced" (picked up by GM) by now. I'm still hoping that after EOP vehicles (Early order program/ apprentice) and ZZ (zero Zip Code additional Allocation) vehicles are cleared out of Wilmington that cars will start flowing to owners, but I must say I'm not very confident I'll see this car in my driveway. I'm just not that patient, especially when there are other choices and I'm in need of a vehicle LONG BEFORE Feb or March. I also don't feel GM cares about me enough to give me credible, solid information, (or they don't know the correct info)as I get another story from each person I talk to (Dealer salesman, Delaers Sales Manager, Pontiac Support, etc). 6 Weeks for the order to be basically input into the system (Dealer Order Pool) and nothing else is pretty bad! I've heard 8 cars being made per hour/ per shift x 2 shifts which equals +/-128 cars per day or 645 cars for a 5 day week. This is 2580 cars a month. Where are they going? I realize that I've waited a fraction of the time that some here have, but I also didn't order 5 months BEFORE production started. By these calculations they should ALL have their cars already and the rest of us should be moving up in the system. ?????????????? :brentil:
THEY ONLY HAVE BEEN MAKING ABOUT 275 A WEEK, I THINK 266 LAST WEEK. THEY EXPECTED TO BE UP AROUND 500 A WEEK BUT IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
deepsol06 said:
Unless you were able to get a first allocation order, you have no reason to expect your order before February or March. And since your dealer gave that estimate, we can be sure that you aren't first allocation. If you hang around here for a while you will realize that ordering a car isnt like ordering most other things. ;)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
deepsol06 said:
Placed my order on 18, August ... I'm being told by my dealer that I won't see my car until February or March
Helloooo, McFly.... :banghead:

By the time you placed your order, there were probably 7,000+ orders. :willy:

Regardless - what you need to know is how many orders are in front of you at your dealership. Next, you need to find out how many they have been allocated. With those two pieces of info, a production date can be guesstimated.

Being from Florida, there is a VERY good chance that your dealer had easily maxed out his first allocation, and was well into his second (hence the Feb/Mar expectation) by the time you got in line. :yesnod:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adrenaline said:
There are some people who ordered back in April who haven't even gotten picked up yet. What is your position in the dealer's allocation?
I am third in the dealer's allocation. They don't seem to seem to grok 1st 4 month allocation. Their total allocation is 8.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small Dealer said:
There was no allocation ("pick up") for Solstice in the dealership order cycle starting on September 22nd. This was only known on the 22nd when the cycle started and reports became available.

Your dealership should be able to access a report that shows there allocation numbers for the next three dealer order cycles (Sept 29, Oct 6, and Oct 13).
They obvioulsy know this report, that is why they are confident that the order will be "picked up" by the 13th.

Thanks. Is there a post somewhere that explains the order cycle?

·
Registered
175 Posts
clamato said:
I am relatively late to the party
Relatively late? No, way late. I was the first in line to order a car but it wasn't accepted until 5/13, was built on 9/15 and available to ship on the 20th.

you have a long wait ahead of you. Don't loose any sleep over it. Just forget about the car until they call you.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
JetBlackE31 said:
Don't loose any sleep over it. Just forget about the car until they call you.
:lol: Like that's possible!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
JetBlackE31 said:
Don't loose any sleep over it. Just forget about the car until they call you.
Thats like the Good looking Blonde sitting next to you in Homeroom in High school you ask her out and she tells you,"ok I'll call you when I'm ready" ... :lol:

·
5,641 Posts
clamato said:
Thanks. Is there a post somewhere that explains the order cycle?
Here is some info from a previous post the looks like it runs through the weekly dealer order cycle:

At the beginning of a month, the system will break the number down into weekly dealer order cycle allocation quantities. Again a dealer will see a report with this infomation.

When each dealer order cycle starts on a Thursday, the dealer gets reports showing how many cars they are allocated, any production constraints (options/colors not available to order or in limited amounts), and how many of those constrained items they have been allocated.

Before 6pm on Saturday the dealer is responsible for confirming the amount of cars they were allocated, asking for more, make sure that there are enough buildable orders to match the request and constraints and placing his orders in a prioritized list.

Sunday and Monday, the system crunchs numbers and puts together its choices and schedules.

Tuesday, the dealers get the results of the order cycle. See what they did get. There is also one last chance on Tuesday to make any changes to orders, within constraints.

Tuesday night the orders selected are Preferenced or "picked up" by the system and assigned an event code of #2500.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts