Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone dealt or ordered through Norman Gale on Rt 10 in Cedar Knolls. I stopped in there today and they want a $100 deposit but I'll be charged atleast $3000+ over sticker!! This means would I'd end up spending an easy $29,000. I am def going to report these guys. I am pleased to let everyone know that Salerno in Randolph has a great operation and is going to get my business! They're looking @ $500 deposit w/ delivery in May or June but no promises can be made. I just want everyone to know Norman Gale is bad news and when I told him that GM didnt want them doing that he shrugged and said, "O well" :brentil: How can I report these guys???

·
Registered
352 Posts
You just did.

Thanks for sharing the information.

(BTW any dealer can charge whatever they want to for the cars...GM can't force them to sell at MSRP...as that would be against the law..(price fixing)

Still I would never do business at a dealership that wants over MSRP...

Glad to hear the guys in Randolph are taking good care of you.

Nice car although I'm going to wait until the turbocharged 250 hp version comes out especially since I want a five speed automatic..........(so the wife can also drive it as it would be her car)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
JBsZ06 said:
You just did.

Thanks for sharing the information.

(BTW any dealer can charge whatever they want to for the cars...GM can't force them to sell at MSRP...as that would be against the law..(price fixing)

Still I would never do business at a dealership that wants over MSRP...

Glad to hear the guys in Randolph are taking good care of you.

Nice car although I'm going to wait until the turbocharged 250 hp version comes out especially since I want a five speed automatic..........(so the wife can also drive it as it would be her car)
Even the F1k cars only had a strong sugestion that dealers not profiteer as GM could not legally stop the practice visibly without enraging the FTC over price fixing.

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
anticd70 said:
Has anyone dealt or ordered through Norman Gale on Rt 10 in Cedar Knolls. I stopped in there today and they want a $100 deposit but I'll be charged atleast $3000+ over sticker!! This means would I'd end up spending an easy $29,000. I am def going to report these guys. I am pleased to let everyone know that Salerno in Randolph has a great operation and is going to get my business! They're looking @ $500 deposit w/ delivery in May or June but no promises can be made. I just want everyone to know Norman Gale is bad news and when I told him that GM didnt want them doing that he shrugged and said, "O well" :brentil: How can I report these guys???
Let me understand, they want to charge you 3K over for a car that won't be delivered until next year? You might want to inform them all the hoop-la will be over by then (Sky will be out, supply will have caught up with demand, etc). Salerno up the road is example of good dealer.

Maybe GM should start cutting allocations from dealers like that and ship them to good dealers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
mceb said:
Maybe GM should start cutting allocations from dealers like that and ship them to good dealers.

I have talked to 3 large Metro dealers that are charging MSRP plus 2-5K over and they are telling me that GM is actually giving them MORE allocation for the Solstice.

Kinda like rewarding bad behavior...........

Why is it that GM is not giving ANY Sols to smaller dealers that want to sell them at MSRP?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SunSports said:
I have talked to 3 large Metro dealers that are charging MSRP plus 2-5K over and they are telling me that GM is actually giving them MORE allocation for the Solstice.

Kinda like rewarding bad behavior...........

Why is it that GM is not giving ANY Sols to smaller dealers that want to sell them at MSRP?
I'd have to guess those guys are BS-ing if they imply over charging gets them more cars.

I do agree GM should use whatever hammer they have to put a stop to this now.

·
2,574 Posts
mceb said:
I'd have to guess those guys are BS-ing if they imply over charging gets them more cars.

The more we air it out here the more we can hope the word will get out on these lepers.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I hear McGuire's (Rt. 46, NJ) gave a forum member the screw, too. The website is a good idea.

·
Registered
472 Posts
mceb said:

I did not mean that they are getting more allocation because they are overcharging. They state the "turn and earn" program. When they get cars in and sell them quickly, they can get more allocation.

GM is rewarding the large volume dealers and forgetting about the smaller dealers in the US.

·
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
I think each of us should make a copy of the boycott list and show it to our honest dealers to show them what happens when someone gets greedy. I did and they were happy I did. Honesty pays off.

Can someone send it to GM? They are the only ones that can do anything about it.

MSRP = allocation
MSRP + gouging = no allocation

·
Registered
52 Posts
I actually got into a fight with the sales manager at Norman Gale over the pricing of a Vibe a couple of years ago. It was very entertaining and my Mom (the person looking for a car) wound up buying a Honda.

They also had a $5k "Market Adjustment" on a final model year Trans Am. Was it still sitting on the showroom floor when you stopped by?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
GHM73 said:
I agree. I went to check out their pre-prod model and they guys there were really cool.
Who did you talk to? Shawn was my salesman but now he's in finance department. Previous GM was really good guy but he left.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chapdelaine's Pontiac in Lunenburg, MA is asking $1300 above MSRP as well.

I was intially going to buy my car off of them but when I pulled out and went elsewhere he tried to tell me that any other dealership I go to who say they will sell it for MSRP will take forever to get the car in and they will give me excuses about why the car isn't coming in and then in the end they will also ask for above MSRP.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.