Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I bought the rear fasica from Norm's Fiberglass (Outside Dual Outlet Fascias).

It's a fantastic piece of work. It needed basically no prep work to get ready for paint. I've seen fiberglass parts that needed trimming, pinholes filled, etc. but Norm's was beautiful.

It comes with two brackets to attach the lower fascia to the frame. The photo shows them installed on a car with a (very shiny!) aftermarket exhaust. Right now I have the stock 2.4 exhaust on mine (yeah, 1 outlet on a 2-outlet fascia, I know -- keep reading). Those brackets don't look like they're going to fit without significant bending as the exhaust pipe from the muffler to the exhaust tip is in the way.

Bending that to fit wouldn't bother me in the least. Custom parts and all that.

However, I have a stock GXP exhaust I will be installing as soon as I can get time. I don't want to muck up the brackets if it's going to fit properly with the stock GXP exhaust, since that's going on soon. If I have to modify it either way (i.e. the brackets were made with a Solo exhaust, etc. in mind) then that's fine.

Anyone using Norm's fascia with the included brackets on a stock GXP exhaust? Any tweaking necessary on the brackets that attach the lower fascia to the frame?

Or am I doing something completely stupid with installing these brackets? It's a big possibility that I'm doing something silly so I thought I'd ask. Pictures would be fantastic. Thanks!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'll bet Norm could answer your question.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just installed the GXP exhaust on my 09 NA coupe with Norm's dual outside rear valance and didn't get any type of brackets with it. Not sure if you need the brackets. Norm's rear valance was just about a perfect fit when I installed it. It does make it easier if you have some help with the install. Post some pictures of the brackets, if you can. Also, how long ago did you buy your rear valance ?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I just installed the GXP exhaust on my 09 NA coupe with Norm's dual outside rear valance and didn't get any type of brackets with it. Not sure if you need the brackets. Norm's rear valance was just about a perfect fit when I installed it. It does make it easier if you have some help with the install. Post some pictures of the brackets, if you can. Also, how long ago did you buy your rear valance ?
Hello and thankyou for the very nice comments. The Op has a different rear facia than yours. The rear brackets are just to stiffen up and give additional support for the dual outside diffuser. The brackets may need some tweaking to fit (hammer,LOL)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there!

Thanks Norm for responding! I expected that, but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to mess up something. The fascia fits perfectly around the bumper cover.

I'll post pics once I get the bracketry installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts