Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Norm's Fiberglass

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Northern Sol 
#1 ·
Hi, I ordered and paid for a Classic Hood from Norms about 6 weeks ago but have been unable to contact him for the last 2 weeks. I have tried email, messenger and phoned several times but no response. His phone does not go to voice mail either. I would appreciate it if someone out there has any idea how to contact him or know if he is still in business. Thanks, Gary.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I generally text him. If the hood is not in stock it can take several months to get into the production schedule and have a finished product shipped. Many of us have bought from him. I waited a year for my custom one off fenders. On the other hand, I have received side skirts in a month. It depends on what he has on hand and how busy he is. He is kind of a perfectionist and likes to spend time on each product to make sure its as good as he can make it.

His phone mail is generally full. I email him, PM him on this forum, or text him and generally get an answer within a day or so.

#4 ·
Agree with Ske. Nothing unusual just got some stuff the other day. If you read any posts you know how he works I knew that going in. He comes across to me as a good guy who does excellent work(very impressed) but is easily sidetracked. But he dosnt forget you when you get a hold of him your info's right there. Just a guess hes ignoring your call because theres nothing to tell he hasnt got to it yet. When I ordered said wouldnt take long, gave me a date was about 3 weeks delivered was close to 6 mo.. I didnt call for 4 mo. he gave me an update when I would call but it still was a while longer then he said. One guy on here is over a year

#5 · (Edited)
Agree, the timeframe is not unusual. Normsfiberglass is basically a one man operation. Sometimes he has help in his shop, and sometimes he's doing everything himself and then some. Yes he could be better at communication, but again he's a very busy man. Hang in there.

#9 ·
I talked to Norm less than 2 weeks ago and he is slowly starting to get things caught up from a side diversion. Checked on my hood and fenders and they are ready to paint within a week or two. My order was placed Feb. 2018. I agree with "skersfan" be patient he has not forgot you and he will deliver!!

#10 ·
My fenders and bumper also took quite awhile to get. But, when they arrived, they were *perfect*. I had to trim a bit off of the bumper to fit my Big Freaking Intercooler, but that was all. It would easily have fit a stock intercooler.

I know the delays can be frustrating and worrisome. But, Norm is a solid guy. The parts will arrive at some point.

#11 · (Edited)
Norm is an OK guy.My experience in the past is when you go in to these projects,you throw the calendar out the window. If you want a quality job & Norm does do quality work.as witnessed by others plus is willing to work with you with any changes or mods'I learned a long time ago, when you find a good fiberglass guy,(think corvette) its best to hang on to him

#13 ·
Well it took a while but I now have my new classic hood and it looks fantastic. Went down to Mishawaka and Norm installed it for me and removed an older go fast stripe on the trunk that had to go. He is obviously an expert working with fiberglass. I may have to get the functional fenders next.
Also if you do make the trip down to Mishawaka make sure to take a couple of hours and tour the Studebaker museum. It was well worth the $10.

#15 ·
Congrats. The classic hood really adds to the looks of our Sols. I love mine and most people who don’t know our cars think it is the way she came from GM. The ultimate compliment. I think it makes our Sols more aggressive looking. Please post some pics.
When I was there the Studebaker Museum was closed for a private event. I went to the history museum next to it and it was excellent. I peered through a hallway into the Studebaker museum ........:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.