Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
So, Norm calls it a ZR1 fender, I think it looks more like an early TransAm.

What do you think?
I agree Dave, just that the divider in the center of the opening is lifted on the ZR1 fender and that's how Norm design his fenders....
Now if the Solstice had the indentations on the door and fender like the ZR1 has it would be another story, just beautiful. ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
:agree:
I believe it looks better on the ZR1 because the door lines and curves, it just looks mean on the ZR1, still a nice piece though

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Even though it appears to look more ZR, T/A would sound better heritage marketing wise.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
On another post about lifting pads, there is a car done by Unique Fab. that has vented fenders with screen inserts. Funtional without the buldge. Does Norm make those?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Those fenders are still my favorite by far.

He also made the rear fascia on that car but was never credited for either. A shame.
Norm? Fascia on what car?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Norm? Fascia on what car?
On another post about lifting pads, there is a car done by Unique Fab. that has vented fenders with screen inserts. Funtional without the buldge. Does Norm make those?

It was the car they built for Neil Tjin.

Clicky Link:
^So true! I've wanted them ever since I saw Unique Fabrication's build on Tjin's solstice back in the day. I wish their site still had all the build pics, [URL="http://www.tunerzine.com/view-article/insane-mobil-1-solstice-speedster"]these are the closest I can find
and there are none of them installed.
[/URL]

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Actually if you go to Norm's site on the Solstice page, go to the bottom of the page where the Solstice racing parts are and go to picture 18 and 19, you'll see pictures of that car.

Pontiac Solstice at Norm's Fiberglass

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Yeah, those are the ones he posted, he has creative control of his site. Don't you manage it (someone pretty active on KP was helping last time I saw)?

Point was, in all publications regarding Neil's build, Unique was credited with all of the body modifications (which were extensive) but Norm's parts didn't get the same sort of exposure (which was also extensive in the 'tuner' world).

For example, from that link:
TunerZine said:
As we stated earlier Unique was responsible for most of the build-up of the Mobil 1 Solstice. They started things off with the exterior by customizing the front bumper, side skirts, front fenders, and rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hello, yes it was a little disconcerting and its not the first time either. But you noticed, so thats comforting and thankyou. Norm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts