Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger:
Yep it's has some RK sports parts but also Norms GTO hood, doors, race top and flared rear 1/4s that appear stock.

Also, some folks consider flaring the OEM fenders qualifies it as widebody, others wheel flares, my def of a true widebody starts from the belt line down (and may appear stock to non-enthusiasts), however enthusiasts of the vehicle can tell it's much wider.

Check out a Aston Martin One 77, and then compare it to a Corvette ZR1. AM One 77 starts at the belt line, ZR1 is flared wheel arches.

Google Image Result for http://gmgracing.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/new-zeigler.jpg

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like it--- other than the front bumper.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,478 Posts
Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger:
Yep it's has some RK sports parts but also Norms GTO hood, doors, race top and flared rear 1/4s that appear stock.
Google Image Result for http://gmgracing.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/new-zeigler.jpg

If you follow Lowlife's link above, you will discover that this car was Bill Ziegler's car which he raced in the T2 class at the SCCA National Championship Runoffs in 2008. He was first listed as winning the race in the provisional results. He was later penalized to finishing behind Don Knowles who finished 13th after he and Bill had a collision on the last lap.

This car has sat for the last 4 years, unraced. Thanks to Norm for helping bring it back to life!! :dthumbs:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any engine info?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,478 Posts
Any engine info?
SCCA T2 is pretty much stock 2.0 LNF. T2 is a tuner class and tuning is open as far as I can tell. The 2007 tunes were done by GMPP, but since then the aftermarket tuners have gotten into the act. One of the best T2 tunes, from what I've heard, is by Performance Autowerks, one of our forum sponsors.

I don't know what the rules are for the GTS class this car is running in now. The general rules are at SCCA Pro Racing World Challenge- carfacts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI; Norm told me he's working on a widebody and hoping to display it at this years (2012) SEMA event.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just updating this thread, recently talked to Norm and widebody is still in design engineering phase.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like that front splitter on the bumper.. any info. on it?

·
Registered
313 Posts
That car WAS a T2 car, it's currently in the World Challenge Series as a GTS car. Watch for it next year, it's gonna kick some @ss. It now has an EFR 6258 and the Werks/Stainless Headers/gmtech exhaust manifold on it. Other than that the motor is stock. It had a BNR turbo on it for the first couple GTS races but it had tuning and turbo issues so even with Bill Ziegler driving it's results were poor at best. Last race (with those issues) was a DNS.

Oh and btw, you're right, Performance Autowerks DOES have the best T2 or any other race or street tunes out there.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
It now has an EFR 6258 and the Werks/Stainless Headers/gmtech exhaust manifold on it. Other than that the motor is stock
6258? The unseen unicorn of solstice efr turbos? Or is it the 6758?

I say this because I asked paw and sf here for dyno results on the 6258 a long long time ago. They knew of none and none have ever surfaced, not even someone doing a solstice 6258.

I really want to see performance/dyno results for the 6258. Can paw source efr's again?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Understood, but I thought DirtyRob was asking about the RKSport splitter, far as I know Norm only makes splitters for the 2.0 and 2.4 fascias. The part at the bottom of the RKSport fascia that's painted yellow appears to be an addition (or a separate piece) to the RKSports fascia.

·
Registered
313 Posts
6258? The unseen unicorn of solstice efr turbos? Or is it the 6758?

I say this because I asked paw and sf here for dyno results on the 6258 a long long time ago. They knew of none and none have ever surfaced, not even someone doing a solstice 6258.

I really want to see performance/dyno results for the 6258. Can paw source efr's again?
Yes, it is a 6258. A 6258 on a stock LNF will put out around 375whp/400wtq with the boost limited to save pistons. On forged pistons and E47, 400whp/425wtq is pretty easy to do. There's not a huge difference in the 6258 and the 6758 until you get to 6k or so. If the car doesn't have valve springs and updated lash adjusters, you can't go much higher than that anyway. Between the two EFR's, the power limit down low is pretty much the same, limited by fueling and engine mods, not the actual turbo size difference.

·
Registered
628 Posts
My design is still working good, even after RR12. :thumbs:

:cool:
Mine works pretty awesome too- even after cutting a cone in half!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am aware of Norms splitters for the stock bumpers but, I have an RK bumper. Thanks for the reply's Sly Bob & LowLife1. If anyone comes across any info. regarding the splitter for the RK bumper, I'd appreciate it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Yes, it is a 6258. A 6258 on a stock LNF will put out around 375whp/400wtq with the boost limited to save pistons. On forged pistons and E47, 400whp/425wtq is pretty easy to do. There's not a huge difference in the 6258 and the 6758 until you get to 6k or so. If the car doesn't have valve springs and updated lash adjusters, you can't go much higher than that anyway. Between the two EFR's, the power limit down low is pretty much the same, limited by fueling and engine mods, not the actual turbo size difference.
I'd assume the 6258 spins up quicker. The physics of being smaller...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts