Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking through the posts, I looked at the e-bay car from the dealer in North Carolina. I called him and he told me that he would take $27,000, or $2,600 above MSRP. I told him no but he called me back two hours later and asked if I would be interested in the car at $26,000. I replied that since it was against the rules to sell a car from GM at above MSRP, I was not interested. Those clowns in North Carolina are selling a car that I have waited months to try to buy. I hope GM never ships them another Solstice.
:cuss:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
KJTJ said:
After looking through the posts, I looked at the e-bay car from the dealer in North Carolina. I called him and he told me that he would take $27,000, or $2,600 above MSRP. I told him no but he called me back two hours later and asked if I would be interested in the car at $26,000. I replied that since it was against the rules to sell a car from GM at above MSRP, I was not interested. Those clowns in North Carolina are selling a car that I have waited months to try to buy. I hope GM never ships them another Solstice.
:cuss:
actually we have determined its not against the rules to sell above MSRP...but highly suggested it be sold at MSRP by GM to avoid customer hate and discontent.....some dealers just dont listen....must have been the one on ebay in Greenville NC>..he pulled the auction off ebay the same day....we are all wondering if GM called them or someone bought it off the lot..if in fact it ever arrived!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Did anyone ever drive to his lot and see if he actually had the car on hand yet?

·
5,641 Posts
perrypontiac said:
nope but checking gm buypower which is update every 24 hr show zero cars in stock
I am not a BuyPower expert. I know cars that are ordered as "sold" cars do not show up in the GM Locators that dealers use, until they have remained at the dealer for more then 30 days. It would not surprise me if Buy Power used the same data filters.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
mcbman said:
Did anyone ever drive to his lot and see if he actually had the car on hand yet?
Actually, my daughter lives in Greenville, NC. After I alerted her yesterday, she did go to the lot between 2:00pm and 3:00pm. No car ... the guy said that he may have received "bad info" about it arriving that day. :skep:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I spoke with Chris Langley today - as of 6pm eastern time - they still didn't have the car!! He agreed to call me ASAP when the car arrives.

Chris further told me that GM called him yesterday & told him to shut down his Ebay offer or they would not ship him any other cars. He said GM was pissed!!

He then offered to sell methe car for 33K (I laughed) & said call me & email me pictures of the car once at your dealersip - no call back yet!!

Other sources told me he would not get this car & that he may ge the dealership shut down - we'll see!!

USA

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
I spoke with Chris Langley today - as of 6pm eastern time - they still didn't have the car!! He agreed to call me ASAP when the car arrives.

Chris further told me that GM called him yesterday & told him to shut down his Ebay offer or they would not ship him any other cars. He said GM was pissed!!

He then offered to sell methe car for 33K (I laughed) & said call me & email me pictures of the car once at your dealersip - no call back yet!!

Other sources told me he would not get this car & that he may ge the dealership shut down - we'll see!!

USA
If true, good for the general. They, like most major companies, probably have an internet sales policy already on the books that is there to level the field and keep all dealers on the same page - the corporate internet sales template - where you can search dealer inventory by zip an dmodel and communicate for quotes, etc. Some smaller than GM companies even prohibit the offering of their product for sale over the web. Period. You can advertise that you have the product and the cunsumer can call you or stop in but you can't sell the item as part of an online store, etc.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Let's hope that the car ends up going to a deserving EOP waitlisted forum member. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I DO have the car.

Yeah, I'm the guy in north carolina that posted the ebay listing. Yes, GM called me and asked me to remove the listing. I did, however list the car on ebay a bit prematurely. The delivery driver called and asked directions to our dealership the other day and told us that he had our first solstice. I thought he was only a couple of hours away, so I listed it. GM called me the next day. I just recieved the car about an hour ago. <Contact info Deleted by MOD>. I have photos that I'm gonna attempt to publish here. Successful or not, I'll be happy to email them to anyone that wishes....just gimme a buzz. This car is for sale. I've had plenty of offers, but no one has come up with the money yet.

<moderator's note - please contact Troy Roberts and become a Supporting Dealer. You will not be allowed to post your contact information or offer vehicles for sale as a dealer until you do so (supporting vendors help defer cost of bandwidth). Please do not repost your contact info until you check with Troy. THX>

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Bad dealers

I told my dealer about the sales on ebay he called GM and told them that this should stop.HE WAS MAD MAD MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why all the negative comments?

Look, Brown & Wood has been in business for 70 years. We're one of the oldest GM dealerships in the Country. We're not a bad dealer! I understand you guys position and that ALL of you are very anxious to recieve your ordered cars. We've got one that the "customer" backed out on and it's for sale. It's that simple. Please stop badmouthing me and my dealership...I'm just trying to do my job...and that is to sell cars. We're in a small community of 50,000 people, most of which don't even care about a solstice. Mine is black with the 2 tone interior...and it is For Sale. I have it in stock. I have photos. I just emailed some to one of your members. We're not trying to rape anyone, but let's face the facts...It's only once in a GREAT while that the supply and demand thing swings in the dealers favor. Consumers take advantage of it EVERY SINGLE DAY. Why shouldn't we???

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
First of all, it is a First 1000 car, so that raises the bar considerably.
Secondly, pretty much eveyone here is pissed off with anyone listing an EOP car on ebay, even members that have legitimate reasons like job loss.

If you knew about this forum, you could have just posted something here FIRST giving your side of the story (aren't there always two).

This is a pretty sympathetic crowd, believe it or not. :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
VaprTral said:
Look, Brown & Wood has been in business for 70 years. We're one of the oldest GM dealerships in the Country. We're not a bad dealer! I understand you guys position and that ALL of you are very anxious to recieve your ordered cars. We've got one that the "customer" backed out on and it's for sale. It's that simple. Please stop badmouthing me and my dealership...I'm just trying to do my job...and that is to sell cars. We're in a small community of 50,000 people, most of which don't even care about a solstice. Mine is black with the 2 tone interior...and it is For Sale. I have it in stock. I have photos. I just emailed some to one of your members. We're not trying to rape anyone, but let's face the facts...It's only once in a GREAT while that the supply and demand thing swings in the dealers favor. Consumers take advantage of it EVERY SINGLE DAY. Why shouldn't we???
for asking over MSRP for this car....which should go to a deserving EOP waitlisted member who has waited months for this car.....and when did the dealership know the original buyer was not longer going to want this car???...so are you passing it along to some one in your first four month allocation wait list?

because asking 33K for this car isnt swinging things in the dealers favor...when are you dealers going to realize the money is in repeat customers and service of the vehicle....so be honest with us....someone stated early that there were "30 people" on "30 different: machines trying to get EOP cars...and you managed to get 3 and they were all purchased by salesmen?....so are the other two buyers still in line to receive their cars?..Why would a forum member make that up.....just curious as to your response on these issues.....

GM it trying hard to resurrect the Pontiac and GM name....and asked dealers to consider selling this at MSRP.....while you are an independent franchise....do you honestly think this is good business????...and why would GM ask you to pull the ebay ad....for the first 1000 car....seems they are trying to hint that we need a good marketing campaign for this car...perhaps!

Im not an EOP buyer.....but in the first allocation of my dealers....with a written sales contract for MSRP...plus Tax Title and tags out the door....and he is still making a profit.......you just seem to want a little more.....sorry for the rant!!!! :rant:

·
Registered
528 Posts
VaprTral, it's not a question of you selling the car, by all means you have the right to sell it. The problem we are having is that you managed to get a first 1000 car before 95% any of the others who have been waiting did. These are special promotion cars meant for retail ordering customers who were lucking enough to win the right to buy one!

We want to know how you truely came into possession of one? If a customer did walk into your showroom back in April and put a deposit down then backed out of the deal recently then you are playing by the rules. If you falsfied the order, or had someone with no intention of taking possession order one then you have have cheated one of us of the car for purely profit taking. :nono:

Please explain to us all how the car came in your possession so we all can understand your reasoning for the EBAY auction to begin with.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
VaprTral said:
What you do not understand is that the 1st 1000 was meant for the "people" and not for dealers to turn a better profit on. It is bad enough that people are going crazy trying to get theirs, but when a dealer got one of the 1st and then put it on EBAY ... it set the forum and others (rightfully) on fire.

I do not think anyone would care much if you sold a Sol on eBay AFTER the true Sol fans received theirs. You knew what you were doing was in the "grey" area and you even lied, by saying you had the car ... when it was still in route.

Also, by starting the bid at >$2000 OVER MSRP, doing a 3-day listing, and posting the car before it arrived showed that you WERE trying to get a BIG turn around. If you REALLY do not understand why we are mad, then you must have not been paying attention the past 2 years.

Hell, I am in IRAQ and I knew it was wrong ... ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let's start over

Actually, I didn't know this forum existed until I made the ebay listing and my cell phone begin ringing off the hook that night. I just joined it an hour or so ago. Had I known about this forum, I would've joined weeks ago to keep you guys posted. I've got 2 more of the first 1000 on the way. The one I have is number 74. Is there anyone out there interested in buying this car from me?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pics of North Carolina Car #2 to be in hand

Congrats, and let's try to cut this guy some slack.... He was just trying to take advantage of great opportunity.
He seems like a great guy and I wish him luck....

Congratulations on being only the second person to recieve the car...
The drama just adds more excitement for us all....
More Solstice's to come!! VIN#74

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/winkowski7/detail?.dir=/a2cb&.dnm=aad1.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/winkowski7/detail?.dir=/a2cb&.dnm=e54f.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/winkowski7/detail?.dir=/a2cb&.dnm=ebc0.jpg&.src=ph

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
winkowski said:
Congrats, and let's try to cut this guy some slack.... He was just trying to take advantage of great opportunity.
....and THAT is EXACTLY why everyone is mad.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.