Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One future owner in Stockton
One I believe in Livermore..any others.
How about a mini rally in October?

·
5,600 Posts
I live in San Francisco. I won't be buying a Soltice for another year, but I'll be happy to attend an event when you all get yours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in San Diego. I am driving my Solstice all the way up the coast to Washington. Monterey sounds like a great meeting place. Top down ready to go. We need to come up with some dates as soon as our cars start to arrive. I am thinking the second or third week of October.

·
Registered
16 Posts
And of course San Francisco has the best weather in October. Sausalito over in Marin would also be awsome. I can already feel the wind crossing over the Golden Gate Bridge. And if we really want to get Attention, we can meet at the Pontiac dealler in San Francisco down VanNess.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I'll be in Monterey by then. I'm down with a meet wherever/whenever (OK, it'll have to be on a weekend for me).

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am in Manteca. I am lookin hard at getting one of these. I am a fat guy so I want to try one on for size before I pull the trigger.
If there are any get togethers count me in.
I have owned an SRT4 since 03 & there have been several meets in our area.
I also know a great mechanic for modding cars. So when the aftermarket kicks in for the Sol, you will be in good hands.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am in Mountain View...Will be picking up mine in Capitola (took me a while to find one)

Either Monterey or Salsilito works...

·
Registered
4 Posts
west coast club

I nice run down 17 mile drive and a spectacular picture near Pebble Beach of a bunch of first 1000 cars would be great.

Anybody want in on a "West Coast Solstice Owners Club"?

I have two domains www.solsticeowners.org (and .net) to host it.

My fist 1000 car will have CA LIC "1K SLSTC" on the coastal plate!

-Rob

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Monterey, a destination for all of California

Chris Perris said:
I am in San Diego. I am driving my Solstice all the way up the coast to Washington. Monterey sounds like a great meeting place. Top down ready to go. We need to come up with some dates as soon as our cars start to arrive. I am thinking the second or third week of October.
Monterey is a great destination. It's a beautiful roadster drive TO Monterey from Southern California, and it's roughly in the middle of the state. In addition to the 17 mile drive, Big Sur, and parts south, The Golden Gate is a day trip up the coast along a beautiful stretch of road that dances above the surf clinging to the cliff! (You can do the Golden Gate as a single day trip round-trip). The aquarium is also probably the best on the west coast. Monterey is right on the quintessential roadster road, the Pacific Coast Highway. :cool:

There's a place that I stay at when I go there, reasonable rates. We can see about getting a block of rooms. There are also some budget venues available.

The park in the center of town could make a nice cook-out spot for one of the days....

Our very own 2KWK4U will, as he mentions, be a local there, so he could assist with physically visiting the venues. I'm headed up there for the International Conference on Plasma Science in June (week of the Summer Solstice), so I will make it a point to study the park and other venues in more detail.

I'll put together a poll on this in a couple of days, so send in other California suggestions for a Solstice weekend event to this thread. When we've got a few more suggestions, I'll put up the poll. :cool:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I can remember most of the roads I was familiar with last time I lived in Monterey. Rode them just about every Sunday on a sportbike. We usually went past laguna seca, across Laureles Grade (G20) to Carmel Valley Road, then down the coast to Big Sur on the PCH. It was a great ride on a bike, and I'm sure it would be a nice cruise in the Solstice as well. We usually went relatively early on Sunday mornings when traffic was still light and stopped at a little cafe (Neptune's, I think it was called) about 2/3 of the way to Big Sur for pastries, etc. The cafe sat right on the bluffs over the ocean. I plan on doing this drive as often as I can once I get out there, so I should be familiar with the route again by this fall.

As far as I can recall, we went right past 17-mile drive as well. At the time I don't think they allowed motorcyclists to ride that road... especially not a herd of sportbikes.

Edit: er, looking at a map, I must be mistaken about the 17-mile drive part.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Then there's always Yosemite or Tahoe.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'd join a Nor Cal Solstice club in a second. I'm originally from Los Gatos (South Bay Area), but find myself out in England for the near (and not so near) future (4 more years). I get back home every year for a month or so, and it would be great to know what was going on Solstice wise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im the Stockton gal . . .I would be happy to join a NorCal Club . . . let me know when and where.

I will be picking my Solstice up at Mataga in Stockton. Hey Manteca guy . . where in Manteca are you?

·
Registered
215 Posts
the info that I received when I put my order in is that the entire bay area was alotted
30 cars of the first 1000. Not a very big group but what the heck. A friend of mine at work is also within the first 1000 group so here are two of us. Count me in.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
All Solstice owners, not just 1st 1000!

solkool said:
the info that I received when I put my order in is that the entire bay area was alotted
30 cars of the first 1000. Not a very big group but what the heck. A friend of mine at work is also within the first 1000 group so here are two of us. Count me in.
I believe that any Solstice club should be inclusive of all Solstice owners and interested parties/future owners. :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Pacifica (5 min from SF) so either Sausalito (where I was brought up on a boat) or Monterey work for me. I will be visiting both of those places many times once I have my Solstice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I live in Los Banos, which is between Yosemite and Monterey. I vote for Monterey where there are fantastic golf courses (but I will have no place to put my clubs), and beautiful places to drive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts