Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a big fan of the interior color they show in all the pictures...i hope they come out with a black.........actually the interior in those pictures are leather anyway...which i doubt the car will have to keep costs down.....that fine i am happy with a black cloth

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I like the multi-colored dash witht he light tan surrounding a darker grey around the guages and center console. I do not really care for single color interiors, as they look kind of bland to me. I really wouldn't want a black interior in a convertable either. Ouch! That steering wheel, armrest and gearshift must get really hot in the sun!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I hope they do offer interior color options. I love the two tone look with the tan. Don't care much for mono-tone interiors or black, had enough of those over the last couple of decades, but I'm sure many people would love that. It would be very cool of them to allow us a choice depending on exterior color. Interior colors are much more critical on cars with a drop top. It also might be cool to be able to get exterior color accents on the interior like the Thunderbird. It kind of gives a custom look.

Because it's a convertable, I would pick either leather or vinyl for the seats. No one does vinyl seats any more because it's preceived to be cheap, but it is acctually very practical and low maintenance and is perfect for a convertable. The first time you get bird crap on your cloth seats you'll see what I mean. However I guess cloth is much more comfortable in the hot sun. I don't know, just a thought. :rolleyes

·
Registered
151 Posts
the 2003 hyundai tiburon v6 came with leather for under 20k, actually thats all they had at the dealer where i baught mine. granted its not top quality, but thats what we're likely to see with the solstice

·
Registered
275 Posts
Do you have any idea how hot leather that has been in the sun gets ? At least hopefully it will not bleed on a white shirt like my MGA did.

Dunno what that grey cloth is that GM uses but have a 1990 that it still looks/feels new. It wears like iron.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My MGA was a coupe so had no problems with the seats until one fell through the wooden floor board where the muffler had cooked it!
Seems like I read someplace a reviewer talking about large panels of exterior color on the interior, perhaps on the hard piece around the guages. If not, I'm thinking of having that piece of plastic painted.
Also, just noticed the sun visors aren't shown in any of the pictures. Hope that's not another thing to stash in the trunk. Looks a lot better without them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
cloth seat will grip you a lot better than leather if the seats end up not being well bolstered. i'd prefer the cloth.

but, theres always neoprene seat covers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
personally i would want cloth since it is much easier to live with, and i disagree i personally like the two tone coloring of the interior. i think it gives the interior a distinct look not found in every other car on the road.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have to agree with Bizz in that leather is not the best for keeping the driver fixated (also probably much lighter). I spent a premium to order leather in my MINI Cooper S, and now I'm on the brink of taking them out and selling them to someone for a fraction of what they cost me....

If I go through with the Solstice, since I know that I would go with aftermkt seats anyway, I'd order cloth or whatever is standard.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I could go either way. I like a good cloth seat, but can't think of any OEM cloth that is not hideous so I usually go leather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts