Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm close to being out of the Solstice market, but a complete final judgement can't be made just yet. I've recently been close to saying my goodbyes, but realized this forum teaches me so much about cars in general, that the educational value is very very worthwhile. So, I dismissed saying those goodbyes.

Plus, we've had a lot of fun over the years!!!!! ;) :devil:

That said, I dropped this note to say my activity will probably drop significantly as a career change is required immediatley, and will require needed attention. So, I'll post from time to time, sometimes more than others as I see threads of particular interest.

Heck, it'll take some getting used to just to remove the addiction of hanging round here - "one day at a time" - isn't that what they say ;) :lol:

So, I'm not out of here, just might be lurking more than usual.

My Best!!! It's been a lot of fun all :) :) :)

And thanks for all the help everyone's given me over time.

RODEO

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
DeepDawg, it's been great having you here, and hope you poke in from time to time!!! :)

One nice thing about this forum is we've taken in those that might never own a Solstice, as long as they don't flame. That's probably because this forum's foundation was built on a car that went through the development/manufacturing phase recently. Thus, a lot of car talk in general set the stage for comparison purposes.

I'm close to being out of the Solstice market, but a complete final judgements can't be made just yet. I've recently been close to saying my goodbyes, but realized this forum teaches me so much about cars in general, that the educational value is very very worthwhile. So, I dismissed saying those goodbyes.

Plus, we've had a lot of fun over the years!!!!! ;)

That said, I dropped this note to say my activity will probably drop significantly as a career change is required immediatley, and will require needed attention. So, I'll post from time to time, sometimes more than others as I see threads of particular interest.

Heck, it'll take some getting used to just to remove the addiction of hanging round here - "one day at a time" - isn't that what they say ;) :lol:

So, I'm not out of here, just might be lurking more than usual.

My Best!!! It's been a lot of fun all :)

And thanks for all the help everyone's given me over time.

RODEO
What's going on?? Here I was, having a good day, and then a couple of you decided to throw a downer on it?? :( Rodeo, you aren't just the Resident Troll, I've thought of you as the Super Moderator of Trolls! :D I can't even imagine it around here without your daily posts. Say it ain't so! :cryin: The only thing good I can take from this is that I can soon pass you in post count. :D Wow, I don't know what else to say.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Good Luck with whatever changes you need to make, at least will know you will still be lurking in the background.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Peace out to Rodeo......

Rodeo, you were the Trollest (coolest) of all the Trolls. Hope all works out for you in your new career.

P.S. What's up with some of you all with 2,000+ post. Do you guys work? :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Editguy said:
What's going on?? Here I was, having a good day, and then a couple of you decided to throw a downer on it?? :( Rodeo, you aren't just the Resident Troll, I've thought of you as the Super Moderator of Trolls! :D I can't even imagine it around here without your daily posts. Say it ain't so! :cryin: The only thing good I can take from this is that I can soon pass you in post count. :D Wow, I don't know what else to say.
Sorry we busted up your good day :(

After driving and seeing the Solstice, I realized it would not be in my near soon plans. The reasons are mostly the ones I've said ove the last year, but mostly the near useless trunk with top down, and inconvenient drop top. I know that's a personal choice, so no flames needed to set me straight.

The limited power was almost offset by the superb handling. But mostly, the inconveniences are too much to overlook for how I use the car. Besides, the MSM is more a track car, which suits me better for joyriding the canyon twisties. When I need a smoother running suspension (which the MSM is not) I may put the Sol back on the list. But, I realized the top/trunk issue is really too limiting for us.

Oddly enough, after seeing/driving the Sol, I actually started hunting one down, but the issues overcame me as I thought it through.

Again, it's not a goodbye, just I saw my time here was becoming limited by other factors, thought I'd explain.

I wanted to say some special things to some individuals here, but I know I'd leave some people out, and that wouldn't be nice. So, if we've ever had fun, I'd say something nice about you. Hope that works!!!

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
mceb said:
Career change?
A tragic event to a dear friend, colleague, and employer :( has put the wife and I into a need to seek other employment.

That said, we're going to try to make the very best of it, we hope to make that move to Flagstaff we've dreamed of for so long. Now, just gotta find jobs there........

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RODEO said:
we hope to mke that move to Flagstaff we've dreamed of for so long. Now, just gotta find jobs there........
Well, if that happens, we're gonna have to meet! I'm always up for a drive up to Flag.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Editguy said:
Well, if that happens, we're gonna have to meet! I'm always up for a drive up to Flag.
Sounds great! I do look forward to hanging with some of the Sol owners here at meets and what not. Flagstaff rocks.

·
2,574 Posts
RODEO said:
A tragic event to a dear friend, colleague, and employer :( has put the wife and I into a need to seek other employment.

That said, we're going to try to make the very best of it, we hope to mke that move to Flagstaff we've dreamed of for so long. Now, just gotta find jobs there........
Real sorry to hear of the personal aspect of your decision. I wasn't going to be surprised if you didn't go with a Sol, but I figured for sure it would be for lack of performance. Anyway, you recently posted from the heart about wanting to meet certain members etc., you need to keep that committment down the line. Others obviously feel the same way. So, expect and hope to meet up some time. Regards to you and your wife,

- bird

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
birdliver said:
Real sorry to hear of the personal aspect of your decision. I wasn't going to be surprised if you didn't go with a Sol, but I figured for sure it would be for lack of performance. Anyway, you recently posted from the heart about wanting to meet certain members etc., you need to keep that committment down the line. Others obviously feel the same way. So, expect and hope to meet up some time. Regards to you and your wife,

- bird
Thanks bird! Like I said, I'm not really leaving, just shutting down a bit, and wanted to let people know. I think I'll always in some ways be part of the Sosltice community, even if not as an owner. I will definatley always admire one when I see one. And I enjoy the car clubs/meets that aren't exclusive, so I do plan on meeting many of the members over time.

The roadster bug is in me, and the Solstice is what brought back that passion long missing in my life since my youth when I had the Fiat 124 and MGBs.

And like you said, it won't be a big surprise to most people here that I was further rather than closer to buying a Sol, especially the N/A Sol. But, I plan on hanging around here, just less than usual for sometime, thus the purpose of this thread.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Rodeo, say it ain't so. Okay no more hokey rhymes (for today). Good wishes for successful job securement in Flagstaff or wherever you end up. You always bring a little outside looking in to the day. Enjoy life as it unfolds around you and make a superior batch of lemonade (if life deals you lemons, blah, blah, blah). And you will still be expected to do two things: pay your annual dues to your local Kappa club AND show up at the first annual Solstice meet with both of your Miatas and maybe , just maybe, if fortyninenorth doesn't show with his Bimmer you can win a trophy in the non-Kappa division.

And here I thought we were going to have a knock-down drag-out post fight in the over 2000 class. :lol:

·
Registered
479 Posts
RODEO said:

That said, we're going to try to make the very best of it, we hope to make that move to Flagstaff we've dreamed of for so long. Now, just gotta find jobs there........
Good luck and best wishes, hope all goes well for you and your family. Take care and thanks for all the enjoyment your posts have givn me. ;)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Best of luck with your search Rodeo! Don't be a stranger, your always welcome here!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Job Resume

Name: Rodeo

Education: Ba in Troll, Ma in Troll, Phd.....in Troll

Referals: Solsticeman, DeepDawg, Editguy, Marco, Lori Queen, Bob Lutz (sorry, repeat)

Goals: To conquer the Supermods

Skill: Avatars extraordinaire

Willing to relocate to Arizona

Salary: Will work for Solstice (open to MSM)

Past Employment: Postal Worker :brentil: , Hacker :devil: , Did I mention Resident Troll :cuss:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Rodeo,
Take care. Change isn't always bad, hopefully you and you wife look back at this in a short time and see it as a positive move that you weren't going to make on your own. Stop by and visit the Forum when you can. If you ever get to Western Pennsylvania, there will always be a space for you in my passenger's seat (you didn't think I'd let you drive did you?) Take care. :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Marco said:
Job Resume

Referals: Solsticeman, DeepDawg, Editguy, Marco, Lori Queen, Bob Lutz (sorry, repeat)

Past Employment: Postal Worker :brentil: , Hacker :devil: , Did I mention Resident Troll :cuss:
:glol: :glol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Marco said:
Job Resume

:glol: :glol:

Some of you may remember my license plate frame:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
See, Rodeo, you aren't going to be able to withdraw from here. It's in your veins. And where else can a troll feel this kind of love? :grouphug: :lol:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
:( :( :(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts