Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please need some help? My dealer has told me I was definitely going to get one of the first 1000. After reading all the forum posts and not getting a conformation # and delivery date, I was having my doubts. So when I called back the other day the dealer said, yes again (this was my reason for ordering one without test driving it). Called Solstice HQ and they said I was definitely not one of the first 1,000. I order one with all 3 packages and the additional limited slip differential and the polished aluminum wheels. The dealer’s markup was over $4,000. Way to high but if a first 1,000 but I thought I would gamble since no dealer was coming up with a strait answer. But now am having second thoughts about this dealership. Base price was $19,995. If any one doesn't mind sharing what they paid for one comparably priced, it would help me out to make a decision on what to do. Hate getting ripped off. Thanks in advance to all the great people on this site!! I could use the help, vpjd.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Price for a Solstice.....

vpjdlirious said:
Please need some help? My dealer has told me I was definitely going to get one of the first 1000. After reading all the forum posts and not getting a conformation # and delivery date, I was having my doubts. So when I called back the other day the dealer said, yes again (this was my reason for ordering one without test driving it). Called Solstice HQ and they said I was definitely not one of the first 1,000. I order one with all 3 packages and the additional limited slip differential and the polished aluminum wheels. The dealer’s markup was over $4,000. Way to high but if a first 1,000 but I thought I would gamble since no dealer was coming up with a strait answer. But now am having second thoughts about this dealership. Base price was $19,995. If any one doesn't mind sharing what they paid for one comparably priced, it would help me out to make a decision on what to do. Hate getting ripped off. Thanks in advance to all the great people on this site!! I could use the help, vpjd.
If you have a fully loaded Solstice, you should expect to pay $24,000-$25,000, plus tax and license. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Go to kbb.com or or edmunds.com or any of the other various car sites online. They have tools that let you build the car and you can see exactly how much it should officially cost.

Moving to General discusion area.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Price

My car came to $ 25000.00 has every option but smokers.The dealer gave that to me no charge.Dealers should charge you MSRP.If not report him to GM customer service. some dealers are crooks.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
DO NOT PAY MORE THAN MSRP! DO NOT PAY MORE THAN MSRP! DO NOT PAY MORE THAN MSRP! DO NOT PAY MORE THAN MSRP! DO NOT PAY MORE THAN MSRP! Is there an echo in here. :brentil:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
vpjdlirious said:
Sounds to me like you are getting jerked around. Sounds like you are not first 1000. You might not even have a regular allocation order. I wouldn't trust this guy unless he gives you a VOMS print out from GM Workbench (I think that's what it's called) showing your order number, the options, and the vehicle event code, all with YOUR name on it.

By the way, loaded with no smokers, no XM and with polished wheels = $24675.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts