Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone that has taken delivery of there solstices. I wonder since you have had your car for awhile, if it is just exciting today as when you took delivery. Is it still exciting to go in your garage and stare at it. Does it get better as time goes bye. JUST WONDERING :) :cool:

·
Registered
511 Posts
dave clancy said:
Hi everyone that has taken delivery of there solstices. I wonder since you have had your car for awhile, if it is just exciting today as when you took delivery. Is it still exciting to go in your garage and stare at it. Does it get better as time goes bye. JUST WONDERING :) :cool:
YES-YES-and YES
It gets better everyday.
Until it snows.
A.J.-1071-COOL :cool:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew Jackson said:
YES-YES-and YES
It gets better everyday.
Until it snows.
A.J.-1071-COOL :cool:
Live in michigan, wont see it till dec, will go right in garage . The snow thing sucks, but will spend more time in garage dreaming of summer with the top down. Got to get a heater so I can hang out with my solstice :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Because my (1145 Christine), is just sitting in storage, in the back of my garage with only 300 miles on her since 10/06/2005. All wrapped up like a KACoon. (if you no whats I mean!)

Wild hornets, couldnt keep me away from conjiggle visits.

I got rid of the best car I ever had, the Lasalle. Because the DINGBAT wanted a damn 4 door.

But, now with the DINGBAT gone, Berieve her SOUL!.. No offense to Reverend Felcher, or whatever. I do sit and play an oldie or two while sittin in her on the weekends. (Glenn Miller)

When I took Christine home, She was a 10. So ya damn it. Without the DingBat around here nowadays. I love my car more everydays!

Now dont go get all mushy and stuff, Its just a car, and I my friends, is just a humble man like yous. I dont cry, I just get watery eyes sometimes, It must be an alergies or somethin' :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MITCH said:
Because my (1145 Christine), is just sitting in storage, in the back of my garage with only 300 miles on her since 10/06/2005. All wrapped up like a KACoon. (if you no whats I mean!)

Wild hornets, couldnt keep me away from conjiggle visits.

I got rid of the best car I ever had, the Lasalle. Because the DINGBAT wanted a damn 4 door.

But, now with the DINGBAT gone, Berieve her SOUL!.. No offense to Reverend Felcher, or whatever. I do sit and play an oldie or two while sittin in her on the weekends. (Glenn Miller)

When I took Christine home, She was a 10. So ya damn it. Without the DingBat around here nowadays. I love my car more everydays!

Now dont go get all mushy and stuff, Its just a car, and I my friends, is just a humble man like yous. I dont cry, I just get watery eyes sometimes, It must be an alergies or somethin' :)
Love that red paint job looks all waxed :cool:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
dave clancy said:
Live in michigan, wont see it till dec, will go right in garage . The snow thing sucks, ...
Mine is due ANY DAY NOW (I could strangle my salesman, he kinda jumped the gun when the invoice showed up last week :brentil: ).

While not planning to put a snow plow on it, I'm going to drive mine whenever the urge strikes :yesnod:

I look at my 5-yr/120k mile Silverado that is rarely washed, never waxed and driven through some of the worst industrial sites in the state - yet from 20-ft, looks practically new - and wonder, why not drive the Solstice through the salt & slush?

I'm buying it to drive - not collect. Cars just don't rust or wear the way they did 20 (or even 10) years ago. If you want to keep it as a show car - I could see babying it - but this car is going to be thrashed appropriately whenever I get a chance :cool:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Being 23 yrs old...its my only car....when I get. So I won't have a choice its a year round car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
MAKsys said:
I'm buying it to drive - not collect. Cars just don't rust or wear the way they did 20 (or even 10) years ago. If you want to keep it as a show car - I could see babying it - but this car is going to be thrashed appropriately whenever I get a chance :cool:
:agree:

As I look out into my garage, there is mud on my Solstice from having to drive down a wet dirt road tonight. And I have a new snow brush to clear the windows if I'm out when it's snowing. I will try to keep it as clean as possible thru-out the winter, but when it's freezing out, my Sol will be dirty. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I love the car more all the time. Knowing how the a.c., heat, defrosters and radio work makes me feel more comfortable the more I drive. It keeps getting better.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wax?

Mitch,
What kind of wax are you using? That car looks better than the Lasalle ever looked. That makes "Chicken Skin" all over (Hawaiian saying)when I look at it. I want mine to look that good too. Please tell us your secret. :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Ahh my little Red friend, I am what yous might call fruggle (NOT CHEAP).

I read alot, cause I am what you might call an Instellectical kinda Guy.

My Consumer Reports magazine "ipso fatso" recamends NUFinish paste in da can. It beat out all the other waxes and polishes a few years ago.

Holds up after a hundred washes. I only use the best for my 6 bucks. Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Never was a novelty. It was and is a necessity,born to be driven,not an object of cute,but an object of lasting enjoyment.If you bought it for the novelty factor then you got more money than brains.So lets all get cute and rebuke the novelty factor. :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
So far! I haven't enjoyed a car this much since my Brand New '79 Trans Am 26 years ago! I am getting a kick out watching people check it out while I'm in restaurant. My wife and daughter came out of a store to find a lady walking around the car, examining it closely and talking vigorously to herself said it was a "dream" and look at the beautiful wheels. They were afraid to approach until they realized she was on a bluetooth headset!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I say now that i am not going to drive it in bad weather, but when the time comes i am 99.9% sure that i am going to drive it anyways :nono:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts