Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer shut down, and I have no idea where to bring car for repairs. Any feedback out there; I am in Huntington and am having problems with the LSD (grinding, clunking, whoop-whoop-whooping. all the usual good stuff).

·
Registered
269 Posts
any gm dealer should be able to assist....if you have a cadilac dealer near by even better as the cts uses the same diff so they should be able to take care of you

·
5,641 Posts
Pontiac Customer Assitance (800-PMCARES) should be able to advise you on the availability of Pontiac dealerships in your area.

For those that require work under the GM Warranty, it still is GM's policy that it go to a Pontiac dealership.

For those out of warranty, such as the OP's 2006 by a couple months,, a Cadillac dealership would be a good choice as pointed out. They have experience with this differential.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
There is a Pontiac dealership in Port Jefferson and one even further out in Riverhead. I am not too sure about out west by you.

If you get in touch with Long Islander his friend is the manager/owner of one near Rockville. Spiky3480 can tell you which ones in Nassau are open.

Check with either of those guys. Spiky can also tell you which ones you do and do not want to go to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Called the Pontiac assistance line, and they put me in touch with Mack Pontiac. They looked up the service records on my car and this will be the fourth time it goes in for rear diff issues.

Any feedback as to when to call it quits on this car, or can this issue actualy be fully resolved?

·
Super Moderator
16,240 Posts
My GXP has not seen a Pontiac dealer since I took delivery. Devon at the local Chevy dealer does all my maintenance. He also does everything but for one warranty repair on the wife's Sky RL.

The point is, go find a local GM dealer that you like. Any GM dealer can do warranty work on a Pontiac and get paid for it. They can only do warranty work on a Sky on an "emergency" basis.

·
5,641 Posts
rob the elder said:
The point is, go find a local GM dealer that you like. Any GM dealer can do warranty work on a Pontiac and get paid for it. They can only do warranty work on a Sky on an "emergency" basis.
It is against GM policy to perform warranty work on a car line that a dealership doesn't sell.

The only exceptions are in emergency situations and for used cars sold by the dealership.

In each case the dealership should still determine if it has the traning, tools and parts to perform the repairs.

·
Super Moderator
16,240 Posts
It is against GM policy to perform warranty work on a car line that a dealership doesn't sell.

The only exceptions are in emergency situations and for used cars sold by the dealership.

In each case the dealership should still determine if it has the traning, tools and parts to perform the repairs.
While clearly you know more that I do, being the professional, and I have only the highest respect for your acumen and expertise, I was reporting my personal experience.

The only "issue" I have had with the Chevy dealer is they will not do Saturn warranty work but have done all the recalls on my Pontiac. And they of course do everything I pay them to do.:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
There is a Pontiac dealership in Port Jefferson and one even further out in Riverhead. I am not too sure about out west by you.

If you get in touch with Long Islander his friend is the manager/owner of one near Rockville. Spiky3480 can tell you which ones in Nassau are open.

Check with either of those guys. Spiky can also tell you which ones you do and do not want to go to.
The dealership both Spiky and I use is Van Buren on Jericho Turnpike in Garden City Park. Jeff and Colleen are both great to work with. Tell them Barry and Steve from the Solstice Club referred you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just had my car serviced where I bought it, at King O'Rourke in Nesconset. In fact, their body shop is fixing a spot for me where the paint chipped off where the passenger door meets the hood. They said it's covered under warranted, plus they are giving me a free loaner car. I would definitely recommend them; they've always been good to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts