1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
406 Posts
I use the torque app for free with a obd2 Bluetooth dongle for 15 bucks only thing is you need a android phone/tablet, but it works well if you have the hardware

·
Registered
92 Posts
Buyer Beware, I got one of the cheap blue ones from China off Ebay, it worked once maybe twice before it died. Now I can't get it to pair with my phone and Torque Ap. Ordered the best one Torque recommended cost me 140.00, Buy once buy the best.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use the torque app for free with a obd2 Bluetooth dongle for 15 bucks only thing is you need a android phone/tablet, but it works well if you have the hardware
same here. it's the best money u can spend if you want diagnostics/scan telemetry logger, period. ~$25 total and more powerful than most tools under $250.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've been using my China Bluetooth reader for a few months now without issue. there are some good and bad ones, but really it's a crap shot. if mine dies tomorrow I'll order another off Amazon for $15 and not worry about it. I'd have to go through 10 of them to make the $140 one worth it...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
363 Posts
this one will work for a solstice gxp 2007? (looks like its the same tool and is cheaper)

Amazon.com: New U480 CAN-BUS OBDII Car Diagnostic Check Engine Auto Scanner Trouble Code Reader: Automotive
Yes. Anything with OBDII will work. The question is only about reliability, etc. Honestly, if you have a smart phone, you should really consider getting the torque app and a reader like this one: BAFX Products (TM) - PIC18F2480 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible : Amazon.com : Automotive

You can just leave it plugged in all the time, and fire up the Torque app whenever you want the data. If you don't have a smart phone, then you could use the one you linked, or you could join us in the 21st century.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I posted in your other thread and uploaded the missing driver(S) for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts