Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had an odd dash light come on for few seconds today

out for drive today, engines warmed up and coming off the highway
to the stop light, as i came to a stop I heard three "dings" then the radiator(?) light comes on (square with a top cap and water lines)
temp was at 88 degrees

light went out and after a hour more of driving didn't come back

anyone seen or heard of this?

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
i had an odd dash light come on for few seconds today

out for drive today, engines warmed up and coming off the highway
to the stop light, as i came to a stop I heard three "dings" then the radiator(?) light comes on (square with a top cap and water lines)
temp was at 88 degrees

light went out and after a hour more of driving didn't come back

anyone seen or heard of this?
check the overflow container, it's probably just a touch low-down hill stops would trigger it all the time in my 06-but just be wary of opening the system if yours is a GXP-there's 'issues' with air getting into the cooling system-never paid much attention, prolly should having a GXP now... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes to the off ramp decline, no to the low coolant
... unless that symbol is low coolant rather than radiator... which might explain it
have to dig out the manual and check

·
Registered
612 Posts
yes to the off ramp decline, no to the low coolant
... unless that symbol is low coolant rather than radiator... which might explain it
have to dig out the manual and check
No, not the idiot light (although the DIC is also an idiot light in a sense), the DIC should have the words "LOW COOLANT" light up on it. Perhaps your DIC isn't working properly and you should have it looked at or perhaps the 2009 GXP is different than my 2008 Redline. When my res is even the slightest bit low, I get the LOW COOLANT light pop up.

·
Registered
731 Posts
About a year ago I had the same problem pop up. Turned out to be a faulty sensor in the the reservoir tank. Only to change the sensor was to replace the whole tank. Since I did so. No more light comming on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts