Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the righ hand seat in the gallery at pontiac.com.... 6th image along. What's the deal with that?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
positioning

Danno said:
Check out the righ hand seat in the gallery at pontiac.com.... 6th image along. What's the deal with that?
I hear you. If you look at all images of the Solstice, even the ones at the auto shows, the passenger seat is always more vertical then the drivers. The drivers always seems to be moved forward then reclined. Kinda strange. It looks more sleek the way the driver's seat is positioned.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, we've been noticing that for a while. We haven't come to a conclusion I believe.

·
4,592 Posts
Danno said:
what pic, can't we post it here?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Here is the pic

Attachments

·
4,592 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sure looks like it sits up a lot higher....
What I can't believe is that they released that photo -- How could no one from GM notice this?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeez - what a company... next they'll slate a summer release for a new vehicle and push it to October!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm sure that if they're slid forward a bit that you can recline them a bit.
(at least I HOPE so - since I'm only 5'8") He He.

I bet they just don't have both seats positioned the same in that pic.
Just can't believe they didn't notice it before posting the pic on the website.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
flaj said:
I hope there's a way to recline these seats somewhat.
Ummm, you might notice the seats kinda up against the rear panel. So if you're wanting to recline the seat backwards it's mor then liekly a no go. Also don't expect the seats to go up or down either. They're not power, so the only direction they'll go more then liekly is front to back. Possibly on a reclining rail (so it goes higher as it comes closer). You might be able to make the seat recline back some, but it would require the seat to be pulled forward already. We do know the seats recline forward at least form the images we've seen.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mcbman said:
I'm sure that if they're slid forward a bit that you can recline them a bit.
(at least I HOPE so - since I'm only 5'8") He He.

I bet they just don't have both seats positioned the same in that pic.
Just can't believe they didn't notice it before posting the pic on the website.
There are a lot of pics that look just like that. All the cars from the auto shows have the seats at different levels too.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
My take on it is that the passenger seat is all the way back against the rear bulkhead, and therefore the seatback is fairly upright. The drivers seat is pulled up towards the steering wheel a little more, allowing the seatback to be more reclined and making it look lower.

I would not imagine GM intentionally put the seats at different heights.

·
Registered
40 Posts
brentil said:
EDIT: Also don't expect the seats to go up or down either. They're not power, so the only direction they'll go more then liekly is front to back. EDIT

Actually, manual height adjustment is not that uncommon, I have it in my Ford Focus, and my 93 Saturn SC2 had it also. I have seen no controls to allow for this so far however, and they are not listed in any materials I have read so I don't think they are height adjustable.

Description of seats from pontiac.com:

front bucket, cloth, manual fore/aft adjust, reclining seatback driver and passenger forward folding, driver and passenger seatback pocket and fixed headrests

I think that most likely the seat has been pulled forward and then leaned back, as a few of you have also suspected. There are controls on the passenger seat that seem to control reclining (a round control where the seat bottom meets the seat back.)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Trabbic said:
Actually, manual height adjustment is not that uncommon, I have it in my Ford Focus, and my 93 Saturn SC2 had it also. I have seen no controls to allow for this so far however, and they are not listed in any materials I have read so I don't think they are height adjustable.
I've never actually seen manual seats that go up and down. Didn't know they existed.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
brentil said:
I've never actually seen manual seats that go up and down. Didn't know they existed.
VW has had them in the jetta and golf for a while. Also the ION and Cobalt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts