Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The knob under the hazard knob contrls the display lighting.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
deluke said:
Thanks my husband will check it out when he gets home from work with the car.
When I first got in car it would light up only when I opened the door and then I couldn't even see the dash with the headlights on , discovered it is controlled by the dimmer swith which was all the way off. Obviously, I'm just guessing, you have not driven the car at night yet.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
achieftain said:
When I first got in car it would light up only when I opened the door and then I couldn't even see the dash with the headlights on , discovered it is controlled by the dimmer swith which was all the way off. Obviously, I'm just guessing, you have not driven the car at night yet.
I won't be driving at all till spring (Surgery) but my husband is having fun. He hasn't driven at night though.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
deluke said:
I won't be driving at all till spring (Surgery) but my husband is having fun. He hasn't driven at night though.
You keep bringing up your "husband" , you are breaking hearts here ;) Make sure he doesn't spend too much time alone with your car as it will attract a following. Go to a truckstop and get a "no riders" sticker for the passenger door when he is out alone.:yesnod:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Llo everyone closest thread I fond to my issue. Today I cleared out my trip a. And matched it to my odometer. So when the last 2 digits of my odometer read 40 trip a was set to 0.0 so when I would complete a mile on trip a it would also ch of course change on my odometer. My question is. Does this always match? Today my odometer was reading (lasttwo digits) 47 but in trip a it read 6.6 it hadn't even completed the full mile and my odometer was at seven already.
The reason I did this was because it felt like I was driving a lot (according to miles) but I wasn't. If someone has any info please. Something I should worry about. Thank you.H

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Well the trip and the odo get the info from the same place (a sensor on the drive). I'm guessing the odo is just rounding up.

Keep comparing over more miles and see if it gets out of sync by more than a mile -- I'm betting it won't!

If you want to confirm the mileage is reading accurately, either go on a trip with another car trailing you and compare, or use a GPS and verify your speedometer with the speed readout on the GPS.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
I a, not sure about the trip meters, but I read ...long ago ...that the mileage is maintained in the BCM and displayed on the IC when I swapped out my instrument cluster, the only data on it was the welcome message SKY ROADSTER.

I suspect the trip meters are calculated separately from the odo and as a result may have a different accuracy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Back in the old days of analog odometers, scammers would crack the case open and roll the odometer back by hand to increase the resale value. With modern odometers, never heard of this happening.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah dont think its ever been messed with im 2 owner. Just thought it was pretty random. Because i started the trip a when it crossed to next mile.
Rob you can be right. tomorrow im going to check it with the GPS. See what results i get.
Thanks guys for the response.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Oh...you can stop some digital odometers with just a paperclip! I know in '08 or '09 manufacturers started putting the mileage in at least 2 different places, sometimes 3, and if one lost connection it would use the other 1 or 2 to put the correct mileage back up on the odometer. If they all lost connection and there were rpms, the computer would automatically set a permanent code. I used to work in the dealer world and we would see it all the time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Paper clip?? Didnt know that one.
I was checking it with the trip a. Did notice at times the millage changes at 7,8,9 or the full mile. Doesn't match but i guess its normal then. Like you said can be rounding off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts