Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Not a lot, actually. The bottom of the factory boot has a black inner ring that the boot stretches over (see my JPM story, above). Then that clips into the chrome outer ring so the pleather is sandwiched between the two. So you'd just pull the aftermarket conical boot down over the black ring until the diameters match and it is tight, and then trim off the excess below.
Thanks TS. Found a suede boot I like that matches my interior and new knob so I’ll give it a shot.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Instead of starting another thread, I figured I’d just post this here. I decided against trying to use the original boot so I could keep it all intact with the shifter in case I want to put it back to stock for some reason. I got a pleather/vinyl boot (sorry Tomatosoup not suede) and cut it the same length as the original and put it on with the ddm works
adapter and a new knob. I’d like to cut the boot shorter so there is less to bunch up but any shorter and it wouldn’t fit the plastic/chrome ring. It would have to be a custom made boot that gets wide really quick.

Anyway, I’m happy with the results and that’s what matters right?
*** not sure why the pic turned sideways

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts