Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but only found info on aftermarket seat covers. I have a couple of questions about stock seats & covers

1 - Are the seats and cushions the same for cloth and leather seats? My coupe has cloth seats, and I am trying to make it look like a street edition coupe (that they never made) I have found that the seat back covers and the drivers side seat bottom cover are still available new with the orange stitching as used in the 2009 Street edition models. Will these fit my original cloth seats?

2 - About the seat bottoms, they list 2 different part numbers, one for the drivers side, and another for the passenger side lower covers. As the passenger side lower cover is no longer available, how difficult is it to fit a drivers side lower cover on a passenger seat lower cushion?

Any input appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
The covers you are looking at should fit with no problem. Be careful when removing the old covers as to not pull the velcro strips attached to the foam in your current seats loose. Carefully hold down on them as you are pulling on the top part of the strip. The difference in the numbers most likely is for the driver power seat option as it will have a hole for the switch. Either seat bottom will fit left or right the power switch hole is the only difference.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that should make it easier to get the look I am going for.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Jeff: This won't matter to you but the coupe seats are different then the convertibles. The side panels on the coupe leather seats are cloth and convertibles are covered in leather. Shape and is all the same, so putting them into your car is no big deal. Most don't realize the sides are different! Does James still have the leather seats he took out of his black car? Cya in May!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for reminding me about the seat back differences, I had forgot about it (I am sure you pointed it out some time in the past) as it is I now have 2 drivers side seat bottoms with the orange stitching (street edition) and I was told that I still could get the seat backs with the orange stitching, but it turns out they are not available. So now I am unsure what I will do with the seats. I will just focus on the wheels for now.

See you this spring!

·
Super Moderator
16,537 Posts
I put leather covers on seats that came from the factory with cloth.

there are at least two different sets of seat bottoms. The foam in the first version started to fail so they changed the part to a harder foam.

The right side seat bottom includes the passenger presence detector system. While they might fit interchangeably left and right, the air bag system needs the sensor on the right side.

I bought two spare right side seat bottoms from Europe several years ago. they were a lot cheaper. About half the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts