1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many have been built to date?

2 @ the 2002 NAIAS
2 tested in england
Stripped down one tested in detroit
show car 2004 NAIAS
Orlando auto show-has a weird badge beside the wheel
One i saw on tv with a diff. tire tread, then any others.
other auto show (unknown) what is it? the one with all black interior.
solstice at sema show (anybody have a link with pics of it?)

so at least 10 have been built to date. anybody seen anyothers?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hard to say, really. Some of the ones mentioned could be the same car with new parts. Caroll Shelby and co. originally built only one Cobra, but convinced Ford and the press that they had built several by simply re-painting the same one every time they showed it.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
dylan01 said:
how many have been built to date?

2 @ the 2002 NAIAS
2 tested in england
Stripped down one tested in detroit
show car 2004 NAIAS
Orlando auto show-has a weird badge beside the wheel
One i saw on tv with a diff. tire tread, then any others.
other auto show (unknown) what is it? the one with all black interior.
solstice at sema show (anybody have a link with pics of it?)

so at least 10 have been built to date. anybody seen anyothers?
Don't forget the one that had "engineering test" on the side.

I am quite sure there are several more, at least a half dozen to a dozen in addition. Seen them around Brighton, Pinckney, Novi, Milford, Warren and on the highway occasionally. Some white ones (really rough), several better looking black ones with varying black&white tape on them. Used to occasionally see a grey one very early, with camo on it (assuming the same one in the AutoWeek article last year) but haven't seen it since last year. The latest ones may or may not have a top up.

a couple weeks ago, I actually had a Solstice pass me, then eight cars later TWO Ford GT's (apparently they are made in Wixom?). Then five minutes later, a yellow Lotus Elise...

had to pull over and catch my breath.

OH, and carrying around a camera to try and catch one is futile - by the time you see it pass, it's too late. And I don't have time to camp out in front of the proving grounds ala Jim Dunne. :lol

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Just hardwire a video camera to your dash so it is constantly recording the cars passing you in the next lane. As long as its recording, you’ll catch them. Then you can capture some stills from the video and post up all this great hardware! :cool

It would be great to live out there where you get to see some new and exciting cars once in a while. About the most exciting automotive hardware you will see around here is the flavor of the week family sedan or SUV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts