Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it now appears that after I left the dealership yesterday, and was told that I had one of the EOPs, they discovered my status was Registered, not Pending, and tried again - and I got on the waiting list. And, like so many other situations reported on this forum, the #2 guy ended up the winner, so to speak. I was #1, and apparently my order got caught up in the server snafu.

My salesman is absolutely sick about it! He's an old guy and I don't want him to pop a vein over this, so I told him just do everything you can to get me a car as quickly as possible.

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I think there are only two good ways out of this mess that Pontiac has on their hands:

1) At least make sure all of the reported #1 at dealerships do get priority on the wait list; failing that then Pontiac should rush another group of cars off the assembly line ASAP for these folks.

2) Have the Biggest Do-Over in History (OK, maybe the 2nd biggest after New Coke flubbled and they brought back the original Coke as Coke Classic). That's right, folks! Null and void EVERYTHING on Friday, and pick a date (soon!) to do this again ... right this time!

#1 could be more likely, mainly because it's somewhat cost-effective, at least more so than #2. I'm a realist, so I know that #2 is pretty much impossible, but, hey, wouldn't it be COOL?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would say this is the most disappointing part about the whole EOP, people who got their first, intent on placing their order, expecting it to go through fine, really got screwed because of an inanimate piece of machinery, its just sad, viewing all these problems a better way to have done it might have been a lotto, everyone that wants one signs up, and lets say you shorten the window to like a day or 2, and then those entries are pulled at random until 1000 have been handed out, thats what the EOP equalled out to with all the problems at the end, luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Got One And I'm Willing To Sell It To The Highest Bidder!

<POST EDITED/INFO REMOVED BY MOD. COMMERCIAL POSTING IS PROHIBITED. SPAMMING IS PROHIBITED (DUPLICATE POSTS IN MULTIPLE THREADS WITH SAME COMMERCIAL CONTENT). RE-POSTING YOUR OFFER WILL RESULT IN PERMANENTLY BEING BANNED.

THANK YOU.>

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nivkwr24 said:
Anyone Who Still Wants One Of The First 1000, Let The Biddiing Begin........$5000 Is The Lowest I'll Go For My Spot. The Color Of The Car Is Deep And It Is Equipped With The Power Package And The Monsoon Stero Package.
Kick this ******* off the forum! :brentil:

·
Registered
227 Posts
You're dreaming....they'll never redo the EOP. All the press spins the positive....that the first 1000 were sold in an hour and 5000 people waitlisted. Another 20,000 registered on the Apprentice website. They accomplished their goal...created media buzz and consumer interest. They won't waste the time or money to redo this.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
general said:
You're dreaming....they'll never redo the EOP. All the press spins the positive....that the first 1000 were sold in an hour and 5000 people waitlisted. Another 20,000 registered on the Apprentice website. They accomplished their goal...created media buzz and consumer interest. They won't waste the time or money to redo this.
If you read my entire post to the end, then you'd know I was aware of everything you stated (duh):

SolsticeWaiting said:
1) At least make sure all of the reported #1 at dealerships do get priority on the wait list; failing that then Pontiac should rush another group of cars off the assembly line ASAP for these folks.

2) Have the Biggest Do-Over in History (OK, maybe the 2nd biggest after New Coke flubbled and they brought back the original Coke as Coke Classic). That's right, folks! Null and void EVERYTHING on Friday, and pick a date (soon!) to do this again ... right this time!

#1 could be more likely, mainly because it's somewhat cost-effective, at least more so than #2. I'm a realist, so I know that #2 is pretty much impossible, but, hey, wouldn't it be COOL?

·
Registered
80 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
Well, it now appears that after I left the dealership yesterday, and was told that I had one of the EOPs, they discovered my status was Registered, not Pending, and tried again - and I got on the waiting list. And, like so many other situations reported on this forum, the #2 guy ended up the winner, so to speak. I was #1, and apparently my order got caught up in the server snafu.

My salesman is absolutely sick about it! He's an old guy and I don't want him to pop a vein over this, so I told him just do everything you can to get me a car as quickly as possible.

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I think there are only two good ways out of this mess that Pontiac has on their hands:

the problem is, you would first have to get GM to admit they screwed up. So far all they say is it turned out better than they thought it would.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You wont see gm admit anything to the general public but I could see dealers getting something. I know of a lot of pissed off dealers who called gm all day yesterday.

I also know my dealer is supposedly the 2nd biggest in the south east and the owner is on all these GM boards. They didnt get any because of not understand the eop and bad computer tech. I could see him throwing his weight around

·
Registered
288 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
It would only be cool for those that didn't get one. I think it would probably suck for the 1,000 that are already on the list! ;)

Flagg

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True enough ... but apparently they are in the minority right now! ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got an email from GM just now. They said the promotion was a great success. And they have 5000 on waiting lists.

But hey, she appologized, and I now feel better for saving up for 3 years, losing sleep for a week, and feeling physically sick over the whole rushing around yesterday.

ok, not really.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fixing the problem

The easiest fix to the problem as I see it is to give everyone who ordered yesterday the badge, the piece of paper and the 1/18 scale model. Change it from the first 1000 to the first 5000. Now everyone's happy, you, me, GM, everybody.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I don't think GM is about to do a re-do. To them, this has been a huge success to generate buzz. I bet there response to people is to get in line at your dealer for a car out of normal allocation.

If I was running GM, I'd probably take every person who submitted an order, all 5000, and give them a car. Then after that, start the dealer allocation. Reward them for stepping to the plate without even seeing the car. However, I do not think GM will actually do this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts