Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would somebody be able to post the canadian pricing for the Solstice? Ive seen it from a dealer who posted it on the forum, but the pricing is sketchy, and the monsoon audio system is actually less then the american pricing! Fill me in here guys! :willy:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Canadian pricing

Yeah, I noticed the same thing and am really ticked off that they combined the leather with the convenience package and doubled the US list price.
R6A leather $2110 Can equals Premium Package $590 US + Convenience Package $465 US . I don't know where GM Canada learned about math and exchange rates but they failed.

The post also said :
ZQ3 Convenience PKG -inc: cruise control, driver information centre, front fog lamps
INC

Does that mean you can not order the R6A leather package but the base vehicle includes cruise and fog lights (too good to be true)

My Ontario dealer left me a message Saturday and told me they are allowed to place an order Monday and to come in and we can order their first Solstice.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Importing Solstice

Does anybody know if you can purchase the Solstice in the US and import it into Canada. Will GM honour the warranty. The Mazda dealer told me you could bring in a 2005 Demo but not a brand new Miata.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yes you can import certain USA vehicles. (not ALL of them though, VW turbo beetle, VW R32, Pontiac GTO etc, cannot be imported).

But if you did purchase a US solstice you would HAVE to pay the GST + duties + etc costs for paperwork at customs, you know how friendly, quick and conveniant those people are! :brentil:

In other words it's not really worth it since you can easily buy the canadian solstice soon enough.

·
Registered
178 Posts
psycho-squirrel said:
Yes you can import certain USA vehicles. (not ALL of them though, VW turbo beetle, VW R32, Pontiac GTO etc, cannot be imported).

But if you did purchase a US solstice you would HAVE to pay the GST + duties + etc costs for paperwork at customs, you know how friendly, quick and conveniant those people are! :brentil:

In other words it's not really worth it since you can easily buy the canadian solstice soon enough.
In addition, you need to consider that your car will be less desirable when you sell it as your guages will have Imperial units (MPH) above Metric. It's not a big point, but if I'm choosing between a one purchased in Canada and one that hasn't, I'd probably go with the former. I know that the guages can probably be replaced but it's an additional cost that you need to factor in when making your decision.

Another point to consider is if there are any differences between the 2 cars. At times, Canada has forced manufacturers to add features that were not available in American cars such as the 3rd break light and day time running lights. I'm not saying that the Solstice will have differences between the 2 countries, but that it is a point to consider.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
jasonritledge said:
What is the MRSP on the Canadian Solstice? And what date is it expected here?
If you look around the site there's a thread with the official pricing in it.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
The post also said :
ZQ3 Convenience PKG -inc: cruise control, driver information centre, front fog lamps
INC
Does that mean you can not order the R6A leather package but the base vehicle includes cruise and fog lights (too good to be true)
I was down at the dealer today and you can order the convenience package by itself. It is $710 Canadian. I also saw the Monsoon speaker package at $185 Canadian.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
I was down at the dealer today and you can order the convenience package by itself. It is $710 Canadian. I also saw the Monsoon speaker package at $185 Canadian.
I wonder why the Canadian Monsoon package is so much cheaper then the US version. I wonder if there's a typo in the US or Cnd version.

·
Registered
284 Posts
brentil said:
I wonder why the Canadian Monsoon package is so much cheaper then the US version. I wonder if there's a typo in the US or Cnd version.
Brentil,
I think it's a typo for the Canadian version, shouldn't it be "Moose-On"? :lol: (No offense to our Northern neighbors).
Rogobuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts