Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 965 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Dave,
Without letting out all your secrets can you answer these two questions:

1. Do you remove the full throttle response hesitation?
2. Do you remove the anti-spin granny control built into the N/A ECU?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Going to S. C. monday am to get mine installed. Hope everything goes smooothly. D. Allen:willy:
1. GOOD LUCK!

2. Report all pertinent (and impertinent;)) info.

3. Try and take pictures.

Jackknife

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dave,
Without letting out all your secrets can you answer these two questions:

1. Do you remove the full throttle response hesitation?
2. Do you remove the anti-spin granny control built into the N/A ECU?
;) who hesitates?????

and i have no tread left

·
Registered
5,686 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
;) who hesitates?????

and i have no tread left
If you don't mind me asking, how much more did you have to advance the timing due to the charge being non-intercooled? Do you guys follow the general rule that 1 degree, or so, per psi...and then maybe a few more degrees for the hotter charge?

Kind of curious as I've never tuned a piston engine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much more did you have to advance the timing due to the charge being non-intercooled? Do you guys follow the general rule that 1 degree, or so, per psi...and then maybe a few more degrees for the hotter charge?

Kind of curious as I've never tuned a piston engine.
You have no idea how bizarre that sounds to me! :lol:

·
Registered
800 Posts
You have no idea how bizarre that sounds to me! :lol:
I don't follow? I have some experience with rotary engine tuning - but I'm by no means a guru for that either, or anything close.

I'm just as curious about direct injection for this car, as I am for exposure from the various members here regarding the tuning tricks they are employing. To a certain extent, internal combustion is internal combustion, is internal combustion, and it also kind of isn't...

To give you an idea, my current rotary engine has 3 injectors and 2 spark plugs per rotor (piston). The two spark plugs are fired at a given degree before top dead center (BTDC) and are generally spaced in firing by 10 degrees...but this can vary dependent upon RPM and boost (if there is boost) and load. The injectors are staged on rpm dependence, and of course duty cycle/load.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The 2.4L is not direct injection like the 2.0 turbo, so adding a SC to this motor is easer than you would think...and the VVT would actually be a plus.....I'm studying on the action of cam lobes and there duration right now to start looking around for one....that may enhance the performance ...and I'm wondering if the don't go over 270 still applyes...seal9

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Moved this thread to the Supporting Vendor News section for easier finding and higher visibility.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Dave,
I would think one would want to keep the exhaust temps away from the charger so my question is:

Is there a heat shield in the kit, or do you use the stock shield?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sc

Will be arriving at DDM Works early tomorrow am. Can't wait for the SC install!!
Don't forget obout those of us who "toil and wait" and have six weeks left to go.

Keep us informed as your "Maggie" installation goes...and good luck!

Jackknife

21 - 40 of 965 Posts