Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 965 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Whats the expected fuel consumption? How much more or less fuel is used?
About the same, depending on driving style....the first few weeks after install it will be less...:lol: :willy:

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
:willy: :willy: Just got back to Ohio around 6:30 this morning from DDM Works.
What a great group of guys, and Ivy too! Dave and Randy really paid attention to detail on the SC install. Great product, took it for a run after unloading my Sol from the trailer.:willy: :willy: Boy you are right, 3rd and 4th gear really do accelerate. :crazy: Thanks again Dave and Randy, next time I see you I owe you lunch! Time for a little rest.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Danny,

Glad you made it make Safe. Enjoy the ride after some rest, and try to leave a little rubber on the tires

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't follow? I have some experience with rotary engine tuning - but I'm by no means a guru for that either, or anything close.

I'm just as curious about direct injection for this car, as I am for exposure from the various members here regarding the tuning tricks they are employing. To a certain extent, internal combustion is internal combustion, is internal combustion, and it also kind of isn't...

To give you an idea, my current rotary engine has 3 injectors and 2 spark plugs per rotor (piston). The two spark plugs are fired at a given degree before top dead center (BTDC) and are generally spaced in firing by 10 degrees...but this can vary dependent upon RPM and boost (if there is boost) and load. The injectors are staged on rpm dependence, and of course duty cycle/load.
I just meant I've never heard anyone actually differentiate that they didn't know how to tune a piston engine vice anything else. I'm never around rotary guys, so it took me a minute to understand what you meant by that.

Usually you hear someone say "I don't really know how to tune an engine". That generally means piston engines, know what I mean? ;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
:willy: :willy: Just got back to Ohio around 6:30 this morning from DDM Works.
What a great group of guys, and Ivy too! Dave and Randy really paid attention to detail on the SC install. Great product, took it for a run after unloading my Sol from the trailer.:willy: :willy: Boy you are right, 3rd and 4th gear really do accelerate. :crazy: Thanks again Dave and Randy, next time I see you I owe you lunch! Time for a little rest.

Congrats DA. Yours had the CI long tubes correct? I know there's at least one of us that is very curious how that worked out. Did anything special have to be done in order to install the kit with your the CI long tubes??

Question #2, for DDM.... Are you still planning on posting dyno #'s from SolGTP's car??

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Whenever it is I come up with the money I am buying this kit!!!!:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Congrats DA. Yours had the CI long tubes correct? I know there's at least one of us that is very curious how that worked out. Did anything special have to be done in order to install the kit with your the CI long tubes??

Question #2, for DDM.... Are you still planning on posting dyno #'s from SolGTP's car??

Nothing at all. No pboblem with the Long Tube. I will try to post some pics later today.
This Supercharger really makes a big difference!!!

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Installation took about 6 hours. Dave took pics so he can send them along with instructions with the kit. Had to fabricate a couple of brackets. Probably would have taken about 5 if I would have kept out of the way.:lol: Should actually take about 4 hours to install the kit.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
SolScuba , No problem with the Long Tube Headers. It's a whole different car!!!:yesnod:
Do you have the cat and exhaust too?? I accidentely got 3" exhaust so that should actually help me out now that I'm getting blown. :yesnod: :cool:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Dave,

Can you give us an idea on a time frame and cost for these (shorty) headers from DDM? Thanks!

--Chemist
Bump :)

--Chemist

41 - 60 of 965 Posts