Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 965 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
O'K , I must have missed something, but where is this vendor located. I do not see a reference to the city or state..................

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
From current supercharger owners - how loud is the supercharger and is it easily noticeable??

·
Registered
257 Posts
From current supercharger owners - how loud is the supercharger and is it easily noticeable??
honestly, there is a sound from the s/c, but I can't really tell you how different....I've had the S/C so long now I really don't remember stock....and I didn't get to drive danny's before it under its transformation.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
honestly, there is a sound from the s/c, but I can't really tell you how different....I've had the S/C so long now I really don't remember stock....and I didn't get to drive danny's before it under its transformation.
I'm not really concerned about the noise to my ear, I'm more hoping that no one can tell I got supercharged. I'm not telling a lot of people about it to more keep it a sleeper.

:yesnod:

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
hope they don't read the forum....:brentil:
lol...not really too concerned about my solstice owners. More for some of my friends that have been calling the car the slowstice ;)

Then again the gauge pod I'm looking at really won't help out. Hmm...new plan :willy:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hey Dave at DDM Works,, some how we need to get some kind of badgeing to put on the cars that have your SC????
I was thinking about trying to get a rear Solstice badge from someone that debadged, and taking the SC out of it :devil:.

Crap, I've ignored my own post :lol:.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was thinking about trying to get a rear Solstice badge from someone that debadged, and taking the SC out of it :devil:.

Actually, you can get two SCs.

Jackknife

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Not sure if that was a bug that hit Danny's car here in South Carolina, or if it was actually a small bird, not really sure. ;)

As for Badging, we have something in mind, but things like headers and intercoolers seem a little more important right now, but we will work on it for sure.

Take Care,
Dave

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Not sure if that was a bug that hit Danny's car here in South Carolina, or if it was actually a small bird, not really sure. ;)

As for Badging, we have something in mind, but things like headers and intercoolers seem a little more important right now, but we will work on it for sure.

Take Care,
Dave
Dave,

Let me say again how much I appreciate your work on this project. I sincerely hope to be able to get supercharged by the end of next year at the latest. :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi Guys and girls....will the motor cover fit back on after the SC is installed...I was going to have mine painted and chrome Supercharge put on it.....Seal9;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Take Care,
Dave
Glad to see you have your priorities in order Dave ;).

Seal9, yeah if you had both the Pontiac and Solstice emblems, I guess you could grab 2 "SC"'s

I was thinking about having the charge pipes and the intake pipes chromed, but I suspect a lot of that will change if I upgrade to the IC version :dunno:.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Guys and girls....will the motor cover fit back on after the SC is installed...I was going to have mine painted and chrome Supercharge put on it.....Seal9;)
Not without some creative trimming

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Dave,

Just and idea for the future. A engine cover that would fit with the supercharger in place. Maybe something done in Carbon fiber like ClearImage was once working on. Maybe you could steal their design or talk to them about it anyways.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I'm not really concerned about the noise to my ear, I'm more hoping that no one can tell I got supercharged. I'm not telling a lot of people about it to more keep it a sleeper.

:yesnod:

I have the same supercharger on my Nissan Frontier with a K&N CAI. My daughter says you can hear it whine two lanes away with the windows up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the same supercharger on my Nissan Frontier with a K&N CAI. My daughter says you can hear it whine two lanes away with the windows up.
The Nissan is not quite the same. but still you'll only hear it under boost

81 - 100 of 965 Posts