Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some official production data on the Solstice today via GM Messenger.

SOP (Start of Production) is scheduled to be May 16th. GM will start preferencing orders for production on April 26th, with dealer's final allocation made available on April 20th. Exciting news for me!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer must put orders in before the 26th if they have an allocation for the 26th. The 26th is when GM will start pulling orders from a dealer's order bank and say "We're going to build this one". I can submit 500 orders if I wanted to, but GM will only pull ones I have allocation for. Let's say I have allocation for one on the 26th (tuesday), I have to have my order in by the 23rd (saturday). When I order a car it is called a 'preliminary order'. It sits in an order bank until I have allocation for it, then GM will pull it from my 'preliminary order' bank to their production control system. Does any of that make sense?? We cannot even submit preliminary orders yet, either.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
With your experience with cars going to production, how long does it take then for them to get to you after they've been produced?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It varies on how long they take for them to get here after they have been produced. The fastest I've ever seen one show up after being built was 6 days. It was for a 2500 Crew Cab Sierra. Generally they take 10-14 days to show up. I expect they will hold on to all of the Solstices produced at the beginning for quality checks.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
eatoninside said:
It varies on how long they take for them to get here after they have been produced. The fastest I've ever seen one show up after being built was 6 days. It was for a 2500 Crew Cab Sierra. Generally they take 10-14 days to show up. I expect they will hold on to all of the Solstices produced at the beginning for quality checks.
So based on that, do you think they could really get cars to dealers before the end of June? Maybe in limited quantity, but still some number of them.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
GTOJ said:
Come on boys if you want to be one of the first, give me a call.
If you were a Saturn Dealer and the SKY was a June arrival you would have mine already.
I also thought you had some deposits from some of the members?.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
GTOJ said:
Yeah, I'm not really interested in being in the first batch anymore. I'm just trying to find out for everyone else if June is really going to be when the cars will be available or not for buyers to pickup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Waiting for trunk info

I'd originally planned to order early, but I won't be ordering until I see the trunk. I don't need a huge trunk, but I want the car to be useable for weekend trips and the like. I really think that some sort of trunk space is going to be essential if they're really serious about selling 20,000 units a year.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GTOJ said:
Move your dealership to Buffalo! :lol: :jester:

I hope some local people have been in contact with you and put in some orders, because you seem to be a great person to buy from! A no gouge policy and you are knowledgable on the car! If I was going to pre-order (I am currently planning on waiting) and closer to you, you would get my order!

·
Registered
163 Posts
GM - stop screwing around and let us see what's inside that trunk. After all this it better be something good. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fly in and drive home. Just remember how to get there for service. No Pontiac garage has a right to refuse you if you bought elsewhere, just to put you at the end of the line. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Come on guys, if trunk space is an issue, you can always get one of those little pull behind trailers like they have for motorcycles! LOL! Seriously, my Fiero (thankfully former Fiero) didn't have much space either. If your buying this size and class of car don't expect any storage space.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
PAS22 said:
Come on guys, if trunk space is an issue, you can always get one of those little pull behind trailers like they have for motorcycles! LOL! Seriously, my Fiero (thankfully former Fiero) didn't have much space either. If your buying this size and class of car don't expect any storage space.
Check the ads for Virgin Atlantic in the new magazines, the one with the "motorcyle limo service to downtown London." They show a rider hanging on to their baggage behind and say that it's not cool. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks eatoninside, you saved me a call to my dealer. I hate to bug him too much, don't want to be a pain ;)
Be sure and let us know as soon as dealers can punch in prelim orders into the system.

·
Registered
88 Posts
All Pontiac dealers would love service business. You see a customer a lot more in service than you do when they purchase a car. Average a person trades every 37 months, think about how many times they could come in the service department in that amount of time.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts