Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Good job! First official performance numbers direct from GM. 0-60, 7.2 sec Vroom Vroom Vroom.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Did you all notice the tire sealant and inflator as standard equipment? I guess that is instead of a spare tire, which can't fit in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dengel said:
Did you all notice the tire sealant and inflator as standard equipment? I guess that is instead of a spare tire, which can't fit in the trunk.
Yeah, we've known about the can of fix-a-flat for a while. No spare for us.

Where did you get this from conejo148?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Noticed the chrome wheels are listed September availablity and a 5 speed auto in EARLY 2006.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
brentil said:
Maybe that squirrel has another nice acorn with option pricing hidden away inside of it. :D
You know those squirrels, they DO hide that stuff away BUT they forget where they put it. :willy:

·
Registered
527 Posts
First, a note. The theft deterrent is described as Pass-Key III+ system. I believe there was a recent thread wondering about the exact nature of the theft deterrent.

Second, a question. What the heck is "rear glass backlight?" Hopefully it's not some factory "ricer" thing that makes you look like you're driving a fishtank...

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't see how. I've never seen windows described as backlights. Also it's like a subnote to the glass rear window line.... very strange.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I was playing on google a little and did a search for "rear glass backlight." It seems from the results I have gotten that it is used for somewhat different meanings. For example, one result was a Car and Driver review of a Mustang convertable, and they use "backlight" to refer to the rear window in the convertable top. Another article on the BMW 6 series appeared to be referring to a glass windblocker that can be raised on the back of the car as a glass backlight. At least I didn't find the phrase used to describe anything that is really odd or out of the ordinary.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
I don't see how. I've never seen windows described as backlights. Also it's like a subnote to the glass rear window line.... very strange.
"Backlight" is a very common term for the rear window. It's common terminology at all the car manufacturers (along with other terms like beltline, sill, A, B and C-pillars, FOD (front-of-dash), tumblehome...)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The 3rd drink holder is for the optional Smokers Package. You get a little closable cup that fits in one of the cup holders and is your ash tray. That way you can have your ash tray plus 2 drink holders still. My ZX2 was designed that way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts