Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Wheels stick out i believe the offset is 38 but is there a way to bring this wheel closer different tires won't help much.

Its a staggered fit 275/19/35 rear and 245/19/40 front.

I was thinking about using some hubcentric spacers to try in cure this issue maybe?

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Wouldn't spacers push it OUT further? AFAIK, the only cure is new wheels... Or redoing the ENTIRE suspension on the car with one from another car.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Spacers or adaptors will move the wheels further out.

OEM wheels have an offset of 55mm. If the offset of your wheels was 35mm, this would move the center line of your wheels further out 20mm (55-35). Your first photo would suggest that your offset could be < 35mm and it looks like you have gone to a 9.5" wide wheel looking at how the 275 tire fits on the wheel.

This will move the outside of the wheel out a further 0.75" (9.5" - 8" / 2 = 0.75") and the 275mm tire does not help (275 - 245mm = 15mm).

Be careful machining the back of the wheels. You could have a catastrophic failure and cause a serious accident.

It looks like your front wheel is not so bad with the 245mm wide tire.

Try going to my thread for additional info on offset, backspace, wheel width, spacers, etc. See link below.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f55/staggered-wheel-tire-project-underway-74253/#post1110204

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
19x8 front and 19x9.5 rear 38mm not 35 sorry.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
19x8 front and 19x9.5 rear
That's what I thought. If you have a 38mm offset, your total outward shift should be 17mm for the offset (55-38) and an additional 19mm for the wider rim for a total of 36mm or 1.42".

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So LiquidPT is right perhaps new wheels is the only way.
:( or live with this setup for now? Seems like hell of alot of work to get that flush yikes!

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
So LiquidPT is right perhaps new wheels is the only way.
:( or live with this setup for now? Seems like hell of alot of work to get that flush yikes!
Post some more photos of what it looks like from the rear. I personally like the wide stance at the rear. Makes the car look awesome IMHO. My rear tires stick out almost as much as yours (30mm or 1.2") and I have lowered the car 1.3" and I have had no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll take some better pics next week as the car is still in the shop as you can see :/ I saw pics of yours and it doesn't look like as it sticks out as far as mine, i measured it today and its a good 2 inches out. Yours from the pic maybe an inch an half?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No money for $$$$$ i have the wheels for sale as we speak flare and rolling fenders not sure bout that at the moment. :( I'm ebay the wheels.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did and ask on the thread and someone said i'd be fine :/ I found a machinist that would take the job of fixing the offset how much should i shave off? 1.5 to 2cm as suggest per og?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thank you all for the support i'll measure and show ya guys next week.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Did you use the offset calculator from that other thread to measure?
Good advice. That calculator helped me significantly. You just punch in all your tire and wheel specs and it calculates centre line shift, backspace shift and more. It would have predicted your situation before you purchased the wheels and tires and would have saved you from the situation you are in now. The calculator was posted near the beginning of the thread.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny thing is i used the calculator asked OG users, but this outcome was a little more than anticipated.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Noted so i found a machinist like i said to do the work and they want $100 per wheel to fix offset.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts