Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when we got home from work we had a message from a Dealer on the North Side of Dayton Ohio. They called to invite us to come see a Black first 1000 Solstice. Today they called again, so I called them back. After telling them thanks for calling, we really appreciate the thoughtfulness, but we had seen them already at a ride and drive, I asked, "so is the owner being super nice and letting you display it for a few days?" The reply I got was something like, "no, we haven't told her the car is here yet. We have tons of people who want to see it so we're calling them to let them know it's here. We'll probably clean it up Monday and call her then, that way everyone else can come see it first." I was blown away. If that was my car I would be pissed. So whoever you are lady, if you are on this forum and you are getting a Black first 1000 car from Moorman Pontiac, go there now cause your car is there.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Unfortunately this is GOING to happen. The Solstice is a great looking car and people who are at the dealership ARE going to look at before you, no matter what you do or say or think you have arranged before hand.

But, what I don't like and wouldn't tolerate is that the dealer is purposely delaying calling the customer and deliberately bringing in outside people and showing the car without the knowledge or apporval of the Solstice buyer. Maybe some legal issues here. It would be different if this was a dealer allotment.

I have an arrangement with my dealer. I will show the car to the dealers interested people at my discretion and will let the dealer display the car in his showroom after I have had it for a couple weeks or so. My dealer is not getting any first allotment cars so this will be the only opputunity he has to market the Sol.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm going to offer my dealership if they'd like me to come back for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon so they can call people in and have a little show and tell.

But this guy's got some b***s to do it on his own. Hope he's not giving out demo rides :eek:

·
Registered
479 Posts
DOn't know what I'd do if I found out someone drove mine before I got it! Sure would be pissed, might be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's only passion

Really this is the car of the year. It is odvious they are passionate about this car as is everyone else. Who can blame the dealerships, representatives of GM, for their actions. It really isn't their fault is it? And if by chance they take it for a spin or two around the block who can blame them? It is the Fier... sorry, car of the year. I LOVE GM, THEY'RE THE GREATEST CAR COMPANY IN THE WORLD.

or perhaps I'm wrong and they are playing their typical games? :devil:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel for the dealers because they don't have a car to put in their showroom. But to not call the owner of the car who has been the one REALLY waiting for the past 4-5 months is just not right. They should call the owner and ask if they could "show it off." Maybe they give the owner $500 for their trouble, or maybe they do the "next Saturday from noon to 5 thing." There are lots of options. But to not call them is unexcusable in my book. :nono: :nono: :nono:

But with this dealer it doesn't surprise me. We went to them first because we had done business with them in the past with good results, but this time would be different. I think they said they got 4 or 5 cars in their first allocation. But guess what, they were not letting anyone order cars! Instead, the owner was going to order the cars as he saw fit (colors, options etc.). When the cars come in they are going to call people on their list and say, "hey we've got one, and if you want it you need to get here in 2 hours or we're going to call the next guy on the list. If you don't like the color or something else, too bad, it's your only chance. Take it or leave it." When I asked them about the price, they himmed and hawed. My money says not only are they pulling this "we order it, you take or leave it B.S," but I'll bet they are marking it up too.

And Dealers wonder why people don't trust them. :cuss:

·
5,600 Posts
Outrageous. If I found a dealer had done this to me, I would demand compensation. Lets see - $100 per day rental rate, plus $250 per day advertising benefit to the dealer, plus $500 per day damages in pain and suffering. I'd be only too happy to drag the dealer into small claims court before a judge and have him itemize the financial cost benefits to his dealership by using my car for his advertising.

Unbeleivable, the corrupt dishonest jerks that are out there. :mad:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can't believe the sense of entitlement some people seem to have about their orders. Just as Pontiac has every right to let the cars age gracefully in the factory parking lot before shipping them, dealers also have a right to display the cars for a few days before selling them. Afterall, this is their business, and since they don't really have any product to show customers, putting the cars on display is hardly something to be reported to the Better Business Bureau. I'd love to see one in real life seeing as how I have no idea when my car will be coming in, and if my order was in an hour earlier meaning my car might be on the way I'd feel the same way.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bonzo said:
Last night when we got home from work we had a message from a Dealer on the North Side of Dayton Ohio. They called to invite us to come see a Black first 1000 Solstice. Today they called again, so I called them back. After telling them thanks for calling, we really appreciate the thoughtfulness, but we had seen them already at a ride and drive, I asked, "so is the owner being super nice and letting you display it for a few days?" The reply I got was something like, "no, we haven't told her the car is here yet. We have tons of people who want to see it so we're calling them to let them know it's here. We'll probably clean it up Monday and call her then, that way everyone else can come see it first." I was blown away. If that was my car I would be pissed. So whoever you are lady, if you are on this forum and you are getting a Black first 1000 car from Moorman Pontiac, go there now cause your car is there.
:cuss: It's not my car but I'm @#$% pissed that an auto dealer would be so inconsiderate. Some dealers are awesome while others...well, you know.

I can't wait to ink the deal and get it all behind me. I'm beginning to question if it's all worth it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
danlbrau said:
Afterall, this is their business, and since they don't really have any product to show customers, putting the cars on display is hardly something to be reported to the Better Business Bureau.
That's not the buyers problem they don't have any cars to show. If they'd ask the buyer most people would be glad to have a show with their car. It's the sneaking around behind people's back that's wrong.

·
Registered
316 Posts
danlbrau said:
I can't believe the sense of entitlement some people seem to have about their orders. Just as Pontiac has every right to let the cars age gracefully in the factory parking lot before shipping them, dealers also have a right to display the cars for a few days before selling them. Afterall, this is their business, and since they don't really have any product to show customers, putting the cars on display is hardly something to be reported to the Better Business Bureau. I'd love to see one in real life seeing as how I have no idea when my car will be coming in, and if my order was in an hour earlier meaning my car might be on the way I'd feel the same way.
I have to disagree on this one. This is likely an EOP car since it's there so early, therefore it was supposed to go to an individual and was not intended to benefit the dealer as a display model. Therefore that dealer may be holding out on telling an EOP buyer their car is here and that is despicable. That EOP buyer is entitled to expect the dealer should notify them the minute they know the car is there.

Again, this is the kind of poor dealer judgement and action that the EOP program was supposed to discourage so as not to have negative feelings carry over to GM in general. There is no free enterprise capitalism at work here. If this is an EOP car then it should be reported to GM not the BBB.

Come on guys, if someone has to defend an action that appears to violate norms and common ethical standards against being wrong, it probably is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is a terrible thing to hear, that woman should have HER car! Although I have to ad that I trust my dealer completely in this matter..

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
mceb said:
That's not the buyers problem they don't have any cars to show. If they'd ask the buyer most people would be glad to have a show with their car. It's the sneaking around behind people's back that's wrong.
:agree: TOTALLY! If my dealer asked me, if it would be alright to show the car off, I would let me. The only thing I'd insist upon is that the car is roped off from people actually touching and scratching the car. So if the car came in on a Monday, I want to take delivery immediately. But he could arrange for a Saturday showing, and I’d return the car to him. I would also insist he wash and polishes the car prior to the showing so when I got the car returned Saturday evening, it would be pristine. Easily a mutually agreeable solution.

·
Registered
212 Posts
mceb said:
For one thing, there are a number of things the dealer has to do to the car before it is ready for delivery, and until then it's not available for sale to the customer. I don't see why they have to call the customer the moment the car comes in if it's not ready for delivery.

There are a lot of things that can happen that are downright wrong (such as requiring a $2,000 package of crap the customer doesn't want in the first place), but this is really ticky tack in my opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
from carnut vin233 my dealer midway pontiac in orwell ohio had asked me if i would put my car in his car show on the 20th if it came in in time. i told them i would. my car came in late on the 18th so they had time to check it & clean it up.every one was respectfull of it. the dealer asked permisson to open the hood & deck lid. he took 2 orders after showing it. i am happy for him. i got to take mine home after the show. the owner of midway pontiac thanked me for allowing him to show it. nice bunch of guys at midway. i plan on taking it to the car show at lake shore park in astabula ohio on sunday.I love it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Without my dealer asking, I brought my Solstice into his dealership on Monday, and told him he can put in on the showroom floor and display it.

All I asked is that he put a sign next to the car stating:

Please do not sit in thr car.

I'll probably go pick it up sometime next week.

Of course it was my die cast Solstice that I got in Detroit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Marco said:
Without my dealer asking, I brought my Solstice into his dealership on Monday, and told him he can put in on the showroom floor and display it.

All I asked is that he put a sign next to the car stating:

Please do not sit in thr car.

I'll probably go pick it up sometime next week.

Of course it was my die cast Solstice that I got in Detroit.
:glol:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts