Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would give my fellow Ohio forum members some good news . On July 1 we will no longer have to carry a front plate on our cars ,I removed my front plate years ago when I added my turbo kit to increase air flow . Needless to say there are certain cities near me that I have avoided because they seem to target non front plate cars . Guess I won't need my front plate bra any more ! 006 - Copy.JPG 139.JPG

·
Registered
160 Posts
Brethren,
Our geniuses in Columbus let this slip one slip by I'm sure due to the Corvid calamity, finally something positive from all this !

·
Registered
411 Posts
I ordered my car brand new so when it arrived at the dealer, they called me to tell me the good news. I asked them to put the front license plate bracket in the trunk for me. I never put the bracket on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Have run mine in Ohio since the beginning with no front plate.
Only got ticketed 3 times in 14 years, not too bad.
2 should have been for speed, but they let me go and just wrote me up for the plate.
They get the same money, but I get no points!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have run mine in Ohio since the beginning with no front plate.
Only got ticketed 3 times in 14 years, not too bad.
2 should have been for speed, but they let me go and just wrote me up for the plate.
They get the same money, but I get no points!!!
No tickets in 20 years for me.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I have a couple of cars that are problematic for front plates even though we have them where I live.
My BMW Z4M came from the Eastern US and never had a front plate fitted. My Jamaican bodied MGA would look like a walrus with a plate hung from the beaky front body. I've been tempted to take the front plate off the Solstice but I do the most mules with it and have the greatest chance of having it ticketed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts