Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to keep this short & sweet for now 'cause we've got stuff to do tonight. Saw them in every color, sat in them, and my wife rode in one, here in Cincinnti today. Awesome AWESOME cars.

Will tell all tomorrow or Sunday, along with pictures. But I've never posted pictures before so I need help. I have the old fashioned camera (not digital) so I had Kroger put the pictures on a Kodak CD for me. So how do I get them on this forum?????

Picture highlights that I haven't seen here on this forum yet: Solstice in action on road course, cloth seats, glove box, roof lock lever, front license plate location, no orange peel paint, battery will be hell to change out, blury SAE 5W-30 cap, view out rear window, air compressor & child trunk pull, me & my wife sitting in one!!!!!!!!!

Help me out with the picture thing and you'lll have them tomorrow/Sunday.

Teaser: By the way, the best part was the SOUND of this car. Even with only 1 pipe, it's sweet for a 4 banger.

More to follow...........

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Need Picture Post Info

I'm back replying to my own thread. What a nerd, but not really. Need info to post pictures!!! Yes, I'm a lazy dumb *ss and I know it. No, just not computer friendly. Got Kodak picture disk, so please help....

Experience was tight. For $25,000 this car ROCKS!!!!!! All were pre-production models and we thought they were all worth buying. I'm so excited!!!!! It's 100% my wife's car and I feel like she's getting a Lamborghini. This is a Gallardo killer!!!!!!!!

Notes (in no particular order) for Forum Sceptics:
- Like we already know from the original Detroit auto show and the Dayton show a few years ago, pictures do not do this car justice. This car is hot!!!! Lamborghini or Ferrari or Porche (Por-sha) hot!!!!!
- Over all, wife (and I) loved it. Wife's ride with the UK (United Kingdom, British accent) CCC (Closed Caption Captain) driver was awesome!!!!!! He cranked everything within 60 seconds. Was like a roller coaster. No roll, no slide, no twist, totally flat!!!!! Brakes rocked! Whaa!!!! Blew the competiton away!!!!!! The CCC described the Miata as a "wallowing duck". He went on to say that while the Honda was quick and nice, it costs $32 G, performs less, and is definitely not as cool. From looks alone he's dead on!!!!
- EVERYONE was incredibly friendly, polite and more than helpful. I can't believe they didn't run us off. If Pontiac keeps this service up..........PontiLexis????????? Totally cool!!!!!!
- Engine Sound is great! Blows the Honda & Miata away.......
- Cloth interior is not bad at all!!!!! Except without leather, the plastic steering wheel blows. Leather steering is the yellow brick road....the only way to go.......
- Seats are very confortable. Firm but nice. You will need to find a confortable medium between rear tilt and distance because room is limited.
- Leg room on driver side is fine, but passenger side is less.
- Saw no Orange Peel paint, all colors looked great!!!!! Adjust to taste.
- Glove compartment is small for those who care, but who needs more than 3 rubbers (condoms) at one time??? JK!!!!! Hatch/ Roof button is in here, so it is out of the way, but sort of a pain to get too.....
- Tilt wheel is better described as up and down, no tilt. Needs to be all the way up for most people I think?
- Roof mechanism is technologically complicated (Nice job GM Engineers), but is easy to figure out. Requires a little brute force to close though. Recommend either opening doors or rolling down door windows before closing roof. F Y to the people who think a few rinkles out way the roof line. This car looks "Bad *ss" with the roof up!!! How many convertable cars can you say that about? THREE. Cadillac XLR, Lamborghini & Ferrari.
- Confirmed front license Plate will be about dead center, both side to side and up and down within the grill. Got this from a factory bra showing the exact placement.
- Rear Buttress and clear film on deck lid looks fine to us. All picky F's step aside.... Actual mechanism is very complicated, so final look is impressive if you ask us.....
- I appoligze for my previous listings about polished wheels vs painted wheels. Normally use my work computer and it's picture sucks. At home I can definately see the wheel difference. All wheels today were "polished."
- The oil cap says 5W - 30, but nothing about synthetic vs. real.
- The car Manual is top notch looking from the outside and thick, about 1 inch, but didn't take the time to look at in detail. No time to read today, too excited!!!!!
- The Battery is going to be interesting to change!!!!!!!!!
- Color preference: #1 = Blue (Deep) for sure!!!!, White (Pure) , Green, then all the others.........Red is okay, the greys are nice, and black has no metallic flake.
- Sorry safty freaks, air compressor is on drivers side rear...
- Again safety freaks, remove trunk child safty latch and we could save 1/2 lbs.....

Help me somebody for the pictures......

Later......................................

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I've moved this thread to general forum, thanks Bonzo.

There's a couple of sites people use to upload pics, putfile.com, putphoto.com

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't figure out how to post pictures!!!!

I give up. I've spent 2 hours messing with this crap on PutPhoto.com. If someone doesn't help me I guess no one will see the pictures. I can up load a thumbnail, but how do I CREATE a gallery?????? Computers suck. And how do you get permission to upload them directly onto this site? Now that would be easy.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
nyca said:
I imagine the battery is changed by removing the wheel and taking it out through the wheel well?
You might even have to remove the quarter panel. Hopefully it's not 'to' painful of a process to get it in/out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds like on the C4 (84-96) Corvette...you have to remove the panel below the clamshell hood in front of the driver's door to get the battery out. Probably the same thing on the Solstice...remove the panel with the Arrowhead/fake indention to get to the battery.

It could be worse. On the Dodge Viper you have to take the rear wheel off and take off the wheel well liner to get to the battery.

·
Registered
767 Posts
C5Vette said:
Sounds like on the C4 (84-96) Corvette...you have to remove the panel below the clamshell hood in front of the driver's door to get the battery out. Probably the same thing on the Solstice...remove the panel with the Arrowhead/fake indention to get to the battery.

It could be worse. On the Dodge Viper you have to take the rear wheel off and take off the wheel well liner to get to the battery.
On a 98 Plymouth Breeze the battery is in front of the left front wheel. Remove the wheel and the wheel well liner to get to it. Seems like quite a process, but it wasn't that bad. The location may even keep the battery a little cooler.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohio PICTURES Coming!!!!

I got some help with my picture posting from a very helpful and capable source (unlike me), so I predict that they will be available soon. I'm sure Brentil will locate them somewhere in the forum where they will be easy to find.

About the battery change, I'm not sure. I looked fairly hard and saw no real easy answer, but hopefully I overlooked the obvious.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I believe the battery is changed by removing the panel with the Pontiac Emblem and the D-scoop, and taking the battery out that direction. It comes out with a few screws - no biggie.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Excelsior said:
I think I am going to call Bonzo's delaer and make sure they include a new camera in his order.
Something over 0.3MP. lol

Well, that was the first pic I have seen with the top IN the trunk. Look at ALL that storage space!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I never realized how small this car was until I saw the picture of Bonzo in the red car with all the objects in the background and foreground.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I never realized how small this car was until I saw the picture of Bonzo in the red car with all the objects in the background and foreground.
I think otherwise from that picture, actually.

If you compare it to the SUV, for being a two-seater roaster, it fares just nicely. Bonzo looks like a pretty big guy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts