Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in starting one? Maybe a fall get together if we get one by then! :lol: Or maybe just to show off your Sol to the rest of us who might not have one yet!

·
Registered
515 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I think a celebration drive this fall would be good.
Depending on how many people had car by the end of September, I was gunna suggest meeting at Mid Ohio the weekend of the SCCA Runoffs (Sept 19-25).

Maybe our friends at GM could pull some strings and get us on the track for some paced laps. A train of EOP cars running around in front of a bunch or car/racing nuts from all over the country would be GREAT marketing. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Word on the street is that there are 18 EOP cars in Columbus alone. Anyone know about how many cars may show up anywhere else?

How would people feel about meeting somewhere for a cruise. Conejo148 has offered to set something up in NW Ohio in the past. The Buckeye seems to have a lot of strong interest and representation.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solstick said:
Word on the street is that there are 18 EOP cars in Columbus alone. Anyone know about how many cars may show up anywhere else?

How would people feel about meeting somewhere for a cruise. Conejo148 has offered to set something up in NW Ohio in the past. The Buckeye seems to have a lot of strong interest and representation.
I think a cruise and the Scca runoff are both great ideas. The Sept. date would be good because hopefully a few of us will have vehicles and can show them off. I also think a fall cruise in October would be good too. Weather pending of course. Columbus would be a good central location for all I think!
Let's keep throwing out some ideas and see if we can come up with a concensus! Boy it would be great if we all had our cars by the last several weeks of September!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...great idea

CoolOne2006 said:
Anyone interested in starting one? Maybe a fall get together if we get one by then! :lol: Or maybe just to show off your Sol to the rest of us who might not have one yet!
Can we have our first meeting in Palm Springs? :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm in NE Ohio (Hudson (between Akron and Cleveland). I'd be very interested in getting together with other owners and organizing drives and sharing back country routes (hilly and winding roads). I am second on my dealers first allocation (order date 4/16) and it looks like my first drive if I'm lucky will be sometime in late September or early October, a great time to enjoy the beautiful
autumn foliage in the Buckeye state.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SolGeezer said:
I'm in NE Ohio (Hudson (between Akron and Cleveland). I'd be very interested in getting together with other owners and organizing drives and sharing back country routes (hilly and winding roads). I am second on my dealers first allocation (order date 4/16) and it looks like my first drive if I'm lucky will be sometime in late September or early October, a great time to enjoy the beautiful
autumn foliage in the Buckeye state.

That would be great if you did get your car around then. We get some of those warm autumn days and it is really beautiful to enjoy the foliage on a drive. I think we should plan an October cruise but also plan something earlier too where we can get to see each others cars...I am sure those who don't have theirs yet will appreciate an inperson look!

·
Registered
62 Posts
CoolOne2006,

You and I are probably only about 30-45 minutes apart in drive time depending where you live in the Canton area. Where are you in the wait list? I was told when I ordered mine as part of the apprentice EOP program that it would most likely be sometime in mid to late September but realize that it could be anytime between then and the dead of winter depending on how production goes. I ordered a red (aggressive) Solstice with ebony leather and all options except the smoking package. I later dropped Onstar based on the advice of my dealer in order to get the order picked up sooner.

This will be our fourth car. My son is taking Drivers Ed and will be getting my old car (1997 Toyota Avalon) when he gets his license. Other cars are my wife's 2001 Toyota Sienna and the newest addition last year a silver 2005 Chevy Silverado diesel 2500 HD 4x4 (great for plowing through the feet of snow we get up here). My Solsitice will strictly be for pleasure driving during the six or seven months of good weather we have up here.

Keep me informed of anything you hear from your dealer regarding your Solstice order and I'll do the same. I'd be glad to show off my Solstice to anyone on these boards when it arrives.

Any other N.E. Ohio future Solstice owners out there?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SolGeezer said:
CoolOne2006,

You and I are probably only about 30-45 minutes apart in drive time depending where you live in the Canton area. Where are you in the wait list? I was told when I ordered mine as part of the apprentice EOP program that it would most likely be sometime in mid to late September but realize that it could be anytime between then and the dead of winter depending on how production goes. I ordered a red (aggressive) Solstice with ebony leather and all options except the smoking package. I later dropped Onstar based on the advice of my dealer in order to get the order picked up sooner.

This will be our fourth car. My son is taking Drivers Ed and will be getting my old car (1997 Toyota Avalon) when he gets his license. Other cars are my wife's 2001 Toyota Sienna and the newest addition last year a silver 2005 Chevy Silverado diesel 2500 HD 4x4 (great for plowing through the feet of snow we get up here). My Solsitice will strictly be for pleasure driving during the six or seven months of good weather we have up here.

Keep me informed of anything you hear from your dealer regarding your Solstice order and I'll do the same. I'd be glad to show off my Solstice to anyone on these boards when it arrives.

Any other N.E. Ohio future Solstice owners out there?
We are fairly close. I actually live in the Perry area.
My order went in on May 18. I was 6th of 7 in my dealers allocation (cole valley-warren) But I was the only order picked up and that was several weeks back. When I talked to the salesman yesterday he said I was still the only order picked up (I did'nt order leather) He said that he was sure there was a production date but that he had to ask the order guy tommorrow and he would give me a call. He said that I could get it as early as Sept. and thinks I would be no later than the end of October. So who knows I guess. I am being optimistic that I will get it in September! I will keep you informed as well. I am looking forward to getting together! :yesnod:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mid-Ohio isn't too bad of a drive for may parts of Ohio. It's about 35-40 miles from Columbus and there are plenty of hotels in the Capital City. Not the greatest trip from NW Ohio, but easy access off I-71 for most others. I would be very motivated to go if we could get on the track for a few laps, I'll bring my Shoei that's vented for running with the top down! :lol:

It would be good publicity for Pontiac to sponsor a meet up there for us. Hint, Hint.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Hey guys, don't forget those of us in western Pennsylvania! A couple of month ago we were told we would be adopted when the time comes, don't let us down now. Mid Ohio isn't too far when it's just another excuse to park my butt in the soft leather seat of my Solstice. :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
Hey guys, don't forget those of us in western Pennsylvania! A couple of month ago we were told we would be adopted when the time comes, don't let us down now. Mid Ohio isn't too far when it's just another excuse to park my butt in the soft leather seat of my Solstice. :lol:
I would think anyone who can get to where a meeting was held would be a welcomed brethern. I would hope anyone who could make the drive would come from whereever they can and park their butt next to the barbeque with a cold beverage of their choice.

I would also hope that if you're coming from the Keystone state you would be polite enough to leave the Commonwealth's Troopers back in PA to help the noble drivers there as the OHP does a find job of monitoring and interacting with drivers here. Was it in Cannonball Run where they made reference to Ohio being one of the few states where they still had the death penalty for speeding?:lol:

Come to think of it, a nice trip to Presque Isle State Park would be great right about now. :cool:

·
Premium Member
568 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
package said:
How about a bunch of us going to the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise this August. It's possible SOME of us would have cars by then????

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/
I've mentioned this at least twice. I'm waiting until it gets closer before I make plans, but I'll be there. If we have some cars, we could pick a common parking lot to meet and see how many Sols we could pack in.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So many good ideas...I think we will definately have a get together. Let's just hope that a good majority will have their car. Surrounding Ohio states are always welcome. I belong to a VW club and people come from all over so the more the merrier! A parking lot full of Solstices! Wow! :thumbs:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Given the proximity of Ohio to Detroit, the Midwest, the MidAntlantic and any other place my geographically impaired mind has overlooked, it seems that where everyone is likely to meet depends mostly on when the cars are released. Everybody hangon to their ideas and it can be sorted out after the cars get delivered.

must....have...Solstice......now....must....put....sawzall....down....leave....roof.....on.....GXP....... :willy:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I went to Woodward once and that was enough for me. My overall impression was that most businessed didn't want this thing going on. I saw many businesses with their lots roped off and no cars there I took it they didn't want anyone there and we ate at a restaurant Called the Ram's Horn I believe that it the correct name and they were packed with car people eating there and they were making money off this thing but they had their lot patroled and wouldn't let anyone in unless they were a customer. I can understand that but I asked the guys watching the lot after I ate there if they minded if I walked across the street to look at the Pontiac display and promised I would only be 5 minutes and that I had just ate in the restaurant. The guy in a very rude way told me that his boss didn't like us *******s that come up here and keep his regulars from getting in and I could not leave my car for 5 minutes. A police officer also made a comment to me about wishing we would all go home.

If we have a get together I think we should not spend our money where it is not wanted.

·
Registered
515 Posts
ateam_77 said:
The guy in a very rude way told me that his boss didn't like us *******s that come up here and keep his regulars from getting in and I could not leave my car for 5 minutes.
That's too bad...

Fort Wayne just hosted the 4 day Wing Ding XXVII for over 10,000 Gold Wingers. Were our restaurants busy? Yup. Was traffic a bitch? Yes. Does bringing great people like the Dingers to town cause an influx of cash into our local economy and help keep my taxes down? Big time! And as far as the "regulars" arguement goes, that's BS. I'll still be going back to my favorte restaurant even though I didn't wait the hour and half 2 weeks ago.

I wish more people saw the big picture.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts