Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dealer told me that the cars were being produced in Deleware, which I know is true, and are then shipped to Ohio for Quality Control inspections. After that, she said they are then shipped to the dealership. I have been watching the forum for a while and this is the first I have heard about the cars being shipped to Ohio for QC. Is this true? If so, it seems horribly inefficient. Also, if it is true, how will it affect the logistics of the latest quality control hold? I don't want my solstice to get lost at some railyard like some of the unfortunate 1Ks. Currently my Solstice, VIN# 1622, is at the plant waiting on QC - wherever that may be.

·
Registered
183 Posts
SOLCRAZY said:
My dealer told me that the cars were being produced in Deleware, which I know is true, and are then shipped to Ohio for Quality Control inspections. After that, she said they are then they are shipped to the dealership. I have been watching the forum for a while and this is the first I have heard about the cars being shipped to Ohio for QC. Is this true? If so, it seems horribly inefficient. Also, if it is true, how will it affect the logistics of the latest quality control hold? I don't want my solstice to get lost at some railyard like some of the unfortunate 1Ks.
Yeah my dealer told me that its taking soo long due to the reason cause of QC.. well i mena i guess its a good thing ust to make sure everything is ok with it,,, soo im less stress then i was... Just waiting for it is a killer grrrrrrr :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

·
Registered
766 Posts
SOLCRAZY said:
My dealer told me that the cars were being produced in Deleware, which I know is true, and are then shipped to Ohio for Quality Control inspections. After that, she said they are then they are shipped to the dealership. I have been watching the forum for a while and this is the first I have heard about the cars being shipped to Ohio for QC. Is this true? If so, it seems horribly inefficient. Also, if it is true, how will it affect the logistics of the latest quality control hold? I don't want my solstice to get lost at some railyard like some of the unfortunate 1Ks. Currently my Solstice, VIN# 1622, is at the plant waiting on QC - wherever that may be.
Ohio is like a delivery hub from which cars are sent to many locations throughout the country. I think quality control is done at the assembly plant in Delaware. Its probably only if an issue arises after cars leave the plant that they may be held up in Ohio for possible fixes othewise they are sent back to the plant.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quality inspections in Ohio??

I think that there are a lot of us waiting, but this is the first I have heard that they might be being done in Ohio? Photos of the plant in a recent post show many of them in lots WAITING and several of them being driven in a lot which could be viewed as being quality checked.....who knows. Also Ohio doesn't make a lot of sense should something need to be taken care of??? Will be interesting to see if Quality checks in Ohio can be substantiated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That makes more sense - Thanks

Zolsol said:
Ohio is like a delivery hub from which cars are sent to many locations throughout the country. I think quality control is done at the assembly plant in Delaware. Its probably only if an issue arises after cars leave the plant that they may be held up in Ohio for possible fixes othewise they are sent back to the plant.
Well that makes more sense than actually doing the QC inspections in Ohio. I am cool with my Solstice going to Ohio if it is part of the delivery process! My dealer must have been a bit off on the info... or I misinterprited what she said. I just hope my car does not go to Ohio just to go back to the plant... I don't want to get in that mess.

·
Registered
936 Posts
SOLCRAZY said:
Well that makes more sense than actually doing the QC inspections in Ohio. I am cool with my Solstice going to Ohio if it is part of the delivery process! My dealer must have been a bit off on the info... or I misinterprited what she said. I just hope my car does not go to Ohio just to go back to the plant... I don't want to get in that mess.
Those of us that have gotten cars in Ohio have gotten them from transports that come straight form the plant (Meca) after passing quality inspection in Deleware. I have heard of cars on hold at Lordstown but that is probably the ones that left by rail and then something was discovered and they wanted them back. Those cars are bound for points west. It is not out of the question for them to fix small things at Lordstown since GM has plants there and they could have someone making some fixes there rather than sending them all the way back to Del.

As far as Ohio car being in Lordstown I think not and ours make it from the plant in 8 hours and some get delivered the same day the rest the next day before the plant has time to discover anymore problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.