Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my A pillar and needed to install the oil pressure sensor.
I didn’t like the galley location under the exhaust manifold.
Plus the location under the intake is very difficult to get to?
Then I found out about the locations on the back of the head!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To really simplify the install I removed the cover for the windshield wipers! Size 7mm and a 6 push plugs. Remember to open the doors to remove the push pins there

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So this is the pressure on the head.
From start up.
It drops to 20-30psi after it gets warm.
it’s perfect for knowing the pressure in the head (early warning for me) but not a preferred location to oil a Turbo?
That would be the location on the exhaust side of the block !
Thanks for reading

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your location is better for the true pressure of the motor!
It’s at least a 20-30 percent less in my location?
But that’s actually what I wanted if I have good pressure here it’s good through the motor? I hope?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
They are both good locations. They will read a little differently but what is more important is that you can see when the pressures begin to change.
And if you are like me, you will notice that long before the idiot light comes on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There are threads describing oil pressure senders installed into a drilled and tapped turbo oil banjo bolt.

It's the most accessible location. And pressure readings from that location is good.

I installed the sender on a length of braided line threaded into the banjo fitting to locate the sender away from heat.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
There are threads describing oil pressure senders installed into a drilled and tapped turbo oil banjo bolt.

It's the most accessible location. And pressure readings from that location is good.

I installed the sender on a length of braided line threaded into the banjo fitting to locate the sender away from heat.
I installed braided line behind the exhaust manifold but mounted the sender remotely to avoid heat and vibration as you did.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Taking pressure at the head will yield a lower value than what you'd get from the galleys in the block. (Per DDM.)

An easy solution on a GXP is to tee the oil feed line for the turbo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts