Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Depends on your objective
I want to know the temp of the oil going into the system not coming out of the hottest point. But my objective is to trsck heat rejection not max temps

·
Administrator
10,980 Posts
The Aeroforce OBDII mounted on my steering column provides oil temperature.
I didn't think that oil temperature was available through OBD. I'll have to look for it again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on your objective
I want to know the temp of the oil going into the system not coming out of the hottest point. But my objective is to trsck heat rejection not max temps
Rob, I am thinking of adding a second sensor and a toggle to the gauge. The current sensor is tapped into the turbo oil inlet.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Right. There is no oil temperature sensor. There is an oil temperature model that predicts and oil temperature and that's what you can see in the OBDII data.

·
Registered
494 Posts
There is "Oil Temperature Actual" and "Oil Temperature Calculate" available on my Aeroforce Scan Gauge.

The Calculated Temp only shows battery voltage and the Actual Temp reading is fairly close when compared with a digital thermometer aimed at several spots on oil lines and sump.

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
The OBD bus does not include oil pressure as discussed above. I had to go to mechanical sending units to get oil pressure.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The OBD bus does not include oil pressure as discussed above. I had to go to mechanical sending units to get oil pressure.

We are discussing oil temperature, not pressure Rob.

I installed an oil pressure sender on the turbo banjo fitting as described in your thread. The readings from that location is more realistic than other options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts