Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a Solstice for the first time at my local dealership. I'm 6'5", evenly proportioned (I have a long torso and long legs- not just one or the other) and WITH THE SEAT ALL THE WAY BACK I was able to fit fairly comfortable--as far as my legs go--my knees were NOT touching the front paneling-- if only by a centimeter or two. Don't know about head room cuz it was a convertable and the top was down. Seeing the car in person, I was a bit more impressed with it than seeing it in pics. The one I saw was pitch black, which looked quite good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it gives you the feeling that if you ever got in an accident with it--you'd be dead--squashed like a bug. I drive a Trans Am now, and it feels much, much safer.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
There's a surprising amount of headroom under the much maligned convertible top. Headroom isn't a problem. Actually as much or more than your Trans Am. (I drive a Camaro) But I might have to glue an extra adjustable mirror to the dash so I can see when the lights overhead turn green. The windshield doesn't come as far back as a an F body.

Also got to see inside the trunk for the first time. In my mind I had pictured something not much bigger than the last generation of the MR2. I can definitely live with what there is. And this'll be my daily driver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts