Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Which Kappa for you based on what we know now?

• Solstice

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • Sky

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to make the call now which Kappa would you buy? At this point most of us can make this judgement based on "looks" and not content, but so be it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Solstice - more classic look and should maintain it's value.

The Sky (poor name) - too much flash and dated style

·
Registered
183 Posts
Both are nice cars but the solstice is my favorite. Classic lines. The Sky looks like everything else out there now. I'd rather have something a little more unique.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The Solstice is what attracted me, and that hasn't changed. I also like the Sky a lot, and if there wasn't a Solstice I would likely be just as crazy for the Sky! However, there is a Solstice! :smile

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AeroDave said:
Solstice. How many times are we going to do this poll?
Dave; There are a lot of people here now that were not here two weeks ago.
I find it interesting to see how people feel about these cars as more info. is made available. Hell, I or someone else might do another one a month from now. It's no big deal!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Even now that I have seen the pictures of the trunk too (heavy sigh) I still say that the Solstice is by far my choice ! I just hope the trunk is usable. :patriot

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I think the exterior of the sky is a slight winner for me, but what brings me back to the Sol is the interior. I don't like the sky interior at all. I adore the Solstice's.

Just my personal opinion. Luckily they will both be out when I buy, so I'll test drive them both before making up my mind.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I went to the LA auto show and saw the Sol the Ski and the Nomad. By far the Nomad is the best car, but the Sky is the one I would get if they dont make the Nomad:)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Rickady88GT said:
I went to the LA auto show and saw the Sol the Ski and the Nomad. By far the Nomad is the best car, but the Sky is the one I would get if they dont make the Nomad:)
I agree with you on this one! They should havemade the Nomad! Its a great looking car. Unfortunately they received too much negative feedback which scared them away from producing it.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I agree with you on this one! They should havemade the Nomad! Its a great looking car. Unfortunately they received too much negative feedback which scared them away from producing it.
So why are they still showing it?? Does any one have pictures of the Nomad this year? The more I look at the crappy top/trunk arraangement on the Solstice, the more I yearn for the Nomad!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
So why are they still showing it?? Does any one have pictures of the Nomad this year? The more I look at the crappy top/trunk arraangement on the Solstice, the more I yearn for the Nomad!
No idea. Maybe just because they have it made they are going to get their money's worth out of it by showing it? O r maybe they are planning to refine the design/concept and float another for potential production in the future.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
According to an article in Autoweek, clinic response to the Nomad (yes, the Kappa version) was lukewarm.
It probably got killed for the HHR too.

Which it kinda ticks me off the HRR arelady has a very feature filled website on Chevy's web page, but the Solstice gets a pile of static poo.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
brentil said:
It probably got killed for the HHR too.
That's kinda what I was thinking too. It's a damb shame too. There's no way I'm buying a HHR or PT Cruiser, but the Nomad I would have bought in a heartbeat. (as in "of America") :banghead

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Maybe the real problem with the Nomad is the stretched Kappa chassis its based on. Everything we have heard says that the stretched kappa won't appear for at least a couple years, if at all. If that chassis is up in the air, then the Nomad would be too. So instead of saying they cannot/won't build the stretched chassis, they are using some lukewarm clinic responses as an excuse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Solstice, hands down. The design is simple and uncluttered (though I'm still not quite sold on the honeycomb grille) and all the elements work together.

This is the first look I've had at the Sky and I'm not very impressed. It's different fron the early concept of it I saw on a TV program a couple of years ago; then it seemed much more Solstice-like and I was very impressed then, so much so that I e-mailed Saturn to complement them on the design. But now I've changed my mind. The front fascia is too busy and the angular elements, lines and accents in the bodywork work against the more curvaceous aspects. It looks a bit dated, too.

I care for the Vauxhall even less. Far too overstyled for my taste; but then again I'm spoiled, the most beautiful car ever created, IMO, was the 1963 Jaguar E-type convertible...

Neil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts