Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here we go again. If you were the decision maker for Pontiac, and the corporate bean counters said you could only pick seven colors for the Solstice to keep costs down, and they had to be from the GM current inventory (no custom paints), which ones would you pick? I would pick something like:

Sunburst Orange Mettallic (90) from the Sierra
Sport Red Mettallic (63) from the Sierra
Light Spiral Grey Mettallic (89) from the Sunfire
Lazar Blue Mettallic (21) from the Equinox
Black Clear (41) from the Cavalier
Emerald Jewel Green Mettallic (38) from the Cavalier
Yellow Clear (34) from the Cavalier

How 'bout you?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are we talking about just '05 MY colors?? Not sure because some of the colors listed above are not current GM colors. If we're just doing '05 though...

22 Superior Blue from the Envoy
85 Copper Sunburst from Canyon
26 Blue Green Crystal from Yukon
93 White Lightning from Bonneville
67 Liquid Silver from lots of stuff
62 Carbon from Sierra
62 Red from GTO

I like those colors on their respective vehicles, but you never know how a color is going to look on a particular vehicle. What looks good on one car will look like crap on another.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Do you have a list of all of the GM stock colors?

I'd definately have a few bright colors, maybe a red, orange, and yellow, a couple dark, maybe a dark blue and a dark green, and finally a couple lighter ones, a white and a silver/grey. That would make up my 7. I am sure GM has a stock color of all of them, except maybe the orange I am thinking of (like a hugger orange, not that burnt orange rust color they have been using). If no orange is available, I would go with a Candy Apple red like on the new 'Vettes as well as the bright red.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eatoninside said:
Are we talking about just '05 MY colors?? Not sure because some of the colors listed above are not current GM colors. If we're just doing '05 though...
Yeah I was thinking only 2005. I'm not a dealer, I just went towww.paintscratch.com and used their information. I don't know if it's accurate or not, but the colors and numbers I put up were listed as 2005s. It doesn't really matter, I was really just curious what basic colors people would pick and if people had the knowledge, they could put actual paint codes if they want. Maybe there's a better site for GM colors? :confused

1 - 4 of 4 Posts