1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right, #1599 is HERE! I picked her up Friday afternoon! :yesnod:

No time to talk now, gotta go driving again! :cool:

I'll have tons of pics as soon as Wilma leaves me the hell alone. :banghead:

For now, I started a LiveJournal, so you can read about my experience there. :thumbs:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/d0ri_san/ :yesnod:

Scroll all the way down first to read day one. Then go back up to day two. ;)

I'll write day three tonight after I get back from driving before I go to bed! :seeya:

:party:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
So, I was right, you got #1599 before you hit your 1599th post. But I think it's really messed up that you're not gonna let your girfriend drive the car. I'm letting a girl that's a friend drive mine. Don't be stingy! :D
Oh, and congrats on the car! :party:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Congratulations, dori-san! That's great news! Time to party in Florida, but don't invite Wilma. :party:

Now, please explain why you made FOURTEEN posts since delivery of your car without even mentioning the delivery?

At 8:43 AM Saturday you said in a post: "Dang, July 1st?! That's crazy. Mine was ordered June 2nd, so hopefully I'm close."

Anyway, the important thing is you've got your beautiful car and now it's time to enjoy it! Hope to see you at the Tail of the Dragon!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats! Use Wilma as an excuse to travel the country.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Congrats! I should be joining the party tomorrow. :party:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Read your Solstice Log, Captain. Very nice.

And now for an Irish blessing:
May the road rise to meet you
may the wind be always at your back
and until we meet again
(since you're driving around in your Solstice)
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GO_DRVN said:
Congrats! :party:

Atleastyoudidn'twritethejournalinthesamestyleasyourthreadheader. :lol:
itsuregotyourattentionthoughdiditnot? ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
gizmo2004 said:
Now, please explain why you made FOURTEEN posts since delivery of your car without even mentioning the delivery?

At 8:43 AM Saturday you said in a post: "Dang, July 1st?! That's crazy. Mine was ordered June 2nd, so hopefully I'm close."
Actually gizmo, if you look again you'll notice (and note the time zones here) that I posted that at 9:43 AM on FRIDAY. I found out about an hour later that mine had arrived, pretty lucky on the timing there huh?

edit: As for not mentioning it until now, well...

you'll have to read day three to find that out. I'm off to write it now. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Yes, dori-san, you are right about that one, it was 9:43 AM your time on Friday.

However, you made two more posts that night (actually Saturday morning), then two posts early Saturday afternoon, then six posts Saturday evening, one more early early Sunday morning. I don't count the one 9 minutes before your announcement, that was just house-keeping.

So, 11 posts without telling us, delay of announcement, I have to penalize you 5 yards on each infraction, that's 55 yards. Now, go and have fun! Oh, you're already doing that. Good, no delay of fun penalty!

PS: I like your family, good to have them close and share your excitement with them.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Alright gizmo, day 3 is up now. Read the entry and you'll understand the reason for the delayed announcement.

Here are the journal entries, I figured out how to point to each day as a specific URL: Day One, Two, Three.

edit: also, if you'd have paid closer attention, you'd have noticed that around 6pm on Friday (the first chance I had to get home with the car) that my signature changed. I removed the "$24,661.84" because I ended up paying a bit more than that when all was said and done, also I added "6 yr warranty" as that was one of the things that bumped my price up. I went ahead and bit for the 3 year extension, the pencil pusher got it to where it only added 10 bucks a month to my payments.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congratulations Dori - see you on the road soon enough

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
dori-san said:
I removed the "$24,661.84" because I ended up paying a bit more than that when all was said and done, also I added "6 yr warranty" as that was one of the things that bumped my price up. I went ahead and bit for the 3 year extension, the pencil pusher got it to where it only added 10 bucks a month to my payments.

Dori -First off. CONGRATULATIONS :party:
Which extended warranty did you buy for your car?
Did you get General Motors Protection Plan(GMPP) or the secondary warranty?

You do not want that secondary warranty. If your warranty paperwork says anything other than GMPP then you want to switch that before the return time goes away. You want GMPP. trust me on that one.

Good move getting the extended warranty. Especially if you are planning on keeping the ol' girl.

You and Nick hopefully won't be alone with your cars for long.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts