Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

On Star?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  WaitingForBoost 
#1 ·
From http://media.gm.com/us/pontiac/en/product_services/r_cars/r_c_solstice/index.html#pr ...

The OnStar service standard on the 2006 Solstice includes the General Motors Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (AACN) system, making crash data available to the participating 911 centers to help them dispatch the appropriate live-saving personnel and equipment to crash scenes faster.

What does "OnStar service standard on the 2006 Solstice..." mean? OnStar is not standard, it's an option, correct?

Does anyone know if there's any way to get a first 1,000 Solstice equipped with OnStar? I have a first 1,000 but I was really hoping to be able to get it with OnStar to be able to use the cell phone functionality.

#2 ·
I think what they mean is that if you get the OnStar option it comes with the standard service, which is just emergency notification and roadside assistance (as well as cell phone for a charge). It is know as the "Safe and Sound" plan. There is a higher plan that gives you directions and concierge services that comes standard on the Cadillac models with OnStar but is available for an additional fee on other brands.

I agree though, if they stated it the way you quoted it, it is a little confusing!

#3 ·
Or you could twist it to say that OnStar has different standards of service. The standard of serivce on the Solstice features the Advance.........

Just a little bit of poor copy writting.

OnStar is not standard equipment on the 2006 Sosltice or even available at this time.

#6 ·
If GM/OnStar continue their current policy when it becomes standard on the Solstice, the first year of the Safe & Sound package will be included. After the first year you will have to pay a fee to continue the service.

#8 ·
#9 ·
#10 ·
I almost agree. I like many of the features that is has... But mostly, because my car club likes to run the canyons, I think I'll keep the service. If I crash (which I have in the past) durring one of these runs, I want to be sure that someone knows.

#11 ·
Aardvark said:
$16.95/month or $199/year Plus tax.
Before multiyear discount, factoring in insurance savings, and if taxable in your state.

#13 ·
WaitingForBoost said:
WTF?!?!?! So we're going to be paying for the equipment (built into the base price of the car) even if we intend on removing it, beating it with a baseball bat, microwaving it, boiling it in oil, and mailing it back to GM with a hate letter?
No you're not paying for the hardware, it'll be FREE! Hehe. Quit thinking and just drink the coolaid. :devil:

#14 ·
Aardvark said:
It's not a fortune, but I'm a bit of a tightwad, so I'm not sure that I'd renew the service ...
:agree:
I've had it on two vehicles (both leases). It's really nice - but I let it expire after a year both times. I'm just too cheap! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.