Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know this is a great car all around. What i did notice that sucks is the cheap plastic look/feel of the body panel that is the map cabinet between the seats. this peice would really benefit by being replaced with a fiberglass/painted carbon fiber peice.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I got to sit in a Solstice last week for the first time. I noticed how comfortable the seats were. How great the driving position was. Even checked out the audio input with my iPod. But I didn't even look at what you are talking about.

Lillie's company will probably come up with some cool stuff like that for people who care. The rest of us will be too busy watching the world go by out the front to worry about it. :cool:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Personally, I'm glad that money was spent under the cabin.... say it with me "back to basics"

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
Personally, I'm glad that money was spent under the cabin.... say it with me "back to basics"
:agree: I think we would do well to remember what we are getting and for what price. I think it's an amazing machine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
After market upgrades should be out there soon enough for those who want to upgrade. Just take a look at what's out there for the Miata and Corvette, and it should give you an idea of what's in store once the after market gets a hold of the Solstice.

G

·
From what I have seen in pics, that is one area I was going to look at for some custom stuff to replace it. Overall it is a great looking car for the money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Chevy or GMC already has a Cat back exaust an intake and a race suspention for the Solstice. I saw them in a link I got from Autoblog.com I'll look for it and try to post the link if I can figure out how. :yesnod:

Yo how do we spell check?

·
2,574 Posts
9_Ball_Slim said:
After market upgrades should be out there soon enough for those who want to upgrade. Just take a look at what's out there for the Miata and Corvette, and it should give you an idea of what's in store once the after market gets a hold of the Solstice.
Slim, that was one of the first things that hit me when I first got a look. What a goldmine for the aftermarket. They'll be all kinds of stuff. Gonna be a lotta fun and some stuff will probably be difficult to resist by most of us. Gonna want one thing or another. I look forward to it. There are some really creative people out there like Lilly who's already picking our brains. Yahoo!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
One of the things I have liked the most about my Miata is the number of aftermarket items available. It has allowed me to "customize" my Miata to my tastes. I'm sure the Solstice will be the same with aftermarket items. This concept is one of the reasons I didn't order the polished rims with my Solstice. I intend to order chrome aftermarket rims to my personal taste. A small personal touch. We can all do our thing to our own personal tastes. I, like some others, am overall pleased with what I am getting for the price, the items of personal concern will be taken care of one at a time.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I can see an aftermarket company offering a matched set of shift nod, round heater/air controlls and storage compartment cover. We will probably see everything from carbon fiber to chrome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts