Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
You can get the normal Silver Painted wheels which cost you $0 (base wheels), or you can get the Polished wheels for $495. Chrome wheels will be available in Sept 2005.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I said and they said "no." They know I know my stuff when it comes to this. I've set up a great deal for a Solstice below MSRP with $0 deposit with the President of the dealership. I'm just irked that they said "only available wheel option is polished."

Nice way to bump up the MSRP.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, sounds like your rep either has no clue what's going on, or he's saying it wrong to you. Yes, there is only one wheel option you can choose, but there's still the base wheels you can have too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Josh said:
That's exactly what I said and they said "no." They know I know my stuff when it comes to this. I've set up a great deal for a Solstice below MSRP with $0 deposit with the President of the dealership. I'm just irked that they said "only available wheel option is polished."

Nice way to bump up the MSRP.
True, he might be trying to jerk you around, but sadly it seems many dealers are very underinformed about the solstice and whats happening with it even now(which could be the case with yours), excluding present company of course. GM should make this a bootcamp for all their dealers!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's going by what he was "told." I then said "Well, what's the MSRP with these options?" He says "We don't have pricing." I chuckled and said "kbb.com, then new car pricing."

He sat there for a minute as he punched it up, then said "this is not right." Meaning....dealers don't even have the information, as "he was told." I'm not liking this, considering this is the #1 Pontiac dealer in the nation.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Josh said:
He's going by what he was "told." I then said "Well, what's the MSRP with these options?" He says "We don't have pricing." I chuckled and said "kbb.com, then new car pricing."

He sat there for a minute as he punched it up, then said "this is not right." Meaning....dealers don't even have the information, as "he was told." I'm not liking this, considering this is the #1 Pontiac dealer in the nation.
indeed, its a scary thing when the people your putting your order in the hands of know less than you do about it, I think for whatever reason there isnt a perfect pool of knowledge all these dealers can pull from, and besides a knowledgable few, the majority it seems are being left in the dark, which hurts everyone, Im hoping, that by the end of this year or early of the next, that the dealers in my area will know what they are doing. Im not even faulting them as much, they just werent properly educated about the car, lets hope GM gets on the ball with that one! All that being said I will most likely head north a bit to Orlando to find my car, the dealer closest to me, in my town, is scaring me a bit to much...

·
Registered
284 Posts
My dealer told me that even the polished wheels had a hold on them. But he also said that they have a chrome-plater that they deal with who does a nice job for about the price of the polished wheels. The other thought I had was to get the standard painted wheels, then have them painted the same color as the body (deep). Any thoughts as to that?

·
5,641 Posts
Josh said:

It could be that he uses the GM Autobook ordering tool. Prices haven't been inserted into it's data base (even though it has been updated 3 times since GM announced them). With a dealer as big as Causley, not everyone in sales may have a user id/password to get into the pricing website.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Josh said:
But, Small_Dealer.....Polished are not the only wheels available right? I can still order base wheels with A/C, correct?
Yes, Josh, you can order the base wheels by NOT selecting the RPO for polished. Technically at present of two available wheel OPTIONS, the dealer is correct in saying that (at present due to constraint) the only wheel OPTION is the polished. If they deselect the polished it will revert to base. If they don't know how to do this pm their phone # to smalldealer or conejo148 and they will gladly lead them through it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rogobuck said:
The other thought I had was to get the standard painted wheels, then have them painted the same color as the body (deep). Any thoughts as to that?
Now THAT might be cool, really cool....

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
It's amazing how much more the average gearhead knows about cars than a lot of the tin merchants. (present company excluded ;) ) It's also amazing that several dealers were clueless to the workings of the EOP and even more amazing is that less than 700 dealers actually got in on the EOP. I wonder if these 700 are the same ones that signed up before the first deadline, which means they would not have had to extend it to begin with.

·
5,641 Posts
Josh said:
But, Small_Dealer.....Polished are not the only wheels available right? I can still order base wheels with A/C, correct?
Yes there has been no messages saying any problems with wheels. Car can be ordered with the base wheel and A/C. Did an order just to be sure, no errors, it took.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Maybe your dealer is just afraid the base model does not come with wheels? He just wants to help. Think of how disappointed you would be when the car got there sitting on blocks!

-DT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts