Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple quick things on the OnStar situation.

Current looks like it will be "November" before it is available to be ordered. Nothing more specific.

Looks like it will involve some sort of headliner change. Again, no more info then that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
On Star

Small Dealer,

Will Onstar be available for those of us who have already received our cars?

Not sure if I'd want it but just checking.

Thanks!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the update Small Dealer!

-Making a "sticky" for now.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wannasolstice2 said:
Small Dealer,

Will Onstar be available for those of us who have already received our cars?

Not sure if I'd want it but just checking.

Thanks!

OnStar is not available for aftermarket installation.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wonder if the headliner will be available as aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Wonder if the headliner will be available as aftermarket.
Maybe that's the upgraded headliner we've heard reference to?

·
497 Posts
Unfortunate

Small Dealer said:
OnStar is not available for aftermarket installation.
I really wanted OnStar but my order went to event 3000 (and still remains since 9/6) so I missed the boat. Knowing that OnStar will be standard in a couple of years, deep down inside I was hoping that since the Solstice is a brand new model/platform, the plumbing would be already be in place and that OnStar would be available as a dealer installed option.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
brentil said:
Maybe that's the upgraded headliner we've heard reference to?
No, no, Brentil. Not THAT headliner. That's supposed to be a liner for the inside of the top. I believe what Small Dealer is refering to is the windshield surround? I could be wrong, but something to do with the windshield surround to accomodate for the wiring to the OnStar buttons in the mirror sounds more like what it is dealing with.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Speaking of the winshield frame ..

Anyone have access to a service manual that tells the proper way to remove the plastic cover? I need to route the temp probe from the windshied to the front bumper.. Too bad they don't make a wireless probe. Then I'd only have to power the probe, since there is already power inside for the map lights.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
package said:
Anyone have access to a service manual that tells the proper way to remove the plastic cover? I need to route the temp probe from the windshied to the front bumper.. Too bad they don't make a wireless probe. Then I'd only have to power the probe, since there is already power inside for the map lights.
Not much detail in the service manual. But here goes. (Instructions given for attempt at your own risk :) )

1) Remove sunvisors, looks like just one screw.

2) Remove upper windshield garnish molding. Probably by pulling. 6 retainers of some type, not specific if they are metal or "christmas trees" in plastic. Should be reuseable.

3) Windshield side garnish molding also appears to pull off. 2 retainers outer edge. Just about where the arc starts and halfway down the pillar.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any Suggestions?

Small Dealer said:
Couple quick things on the OnStar situation.

Current looks like it will be "November" before it is available to be ordered. Nothing more specific.

Looks like it will involve some sort of headliner change. Again, no more info then that.
Small Dealer:

My order was just picked up this week; no VIN produced yet. Do you think I may in that window for an order change to add it back (it was on my order to start with)? Could that effect my order status now?

AND I KNOW IT'S A SHOT IN THE DARK, but based on a car ordered in June, and just picked up; the way things are looking now, do you think October or November, or later. What's your best guess?

Thanx!

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
studentpastr said:
Small Dealer:

My order was just picked up this week; no VIN produced yet. Do you think I may in that window for an order change to add it back (it was on my order to start with)? Could that effect my order status now?

AND I KNOW IT'S A SHOT IN THE DARK, but based on a car ordered in June, and just picked up; the way things are looking now, do you think October or November, or later. What's your best guess?

Thanx!

If Pontiac is thinking "November" then any order "picked up" in this week's order cycle (13th-18th) will not be able to add OnStar to it.

In theory orders currently (through any remaining October order cycles) being "picked up" should be the last of the estimated first four month allocation quanities. They should be built during November and shipped during December.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts