Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you do a search of the forum for onstar you'll more then likely find a couple discussions about it.

If you really want to know all the info we know read this article. It has pretty much all the information we know about the car.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/pontiac/solstice/100380124/preview.html

Also if you look at a lot of the images for the Solstice and Solstice Concept you'll see OnStar buttons on the rear view mirror.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I cannot imagine GM not offering it in the car. They are making a lot of money off the service fees for Onstar. It may be appealing to sports car buyers too for the possibility of tracking the car if it is stolen.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Give me a break guys

Gee Wizzzzzzzzzz guys sorry I don't have time to check everything that was posted. sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
Gee Wizzzzzzzzzz guys sorry I don't have time to check everything that was posted. sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes
Take a deeeeep breath! Think calm thoughts. Don’t take the request to search personally (heck, it wasn't even directed at you in this thread). Actually, doing a search could work out to someones advantage anyway.

See, what happens on the forum is that we are always getting people who like to ask questions that have been asked a lot in the past. We realize this will happen for a while since the car is new, and more people are getting interested in it. However, members who frequent the forum can become frustrated answering the same question numerous times.

Look at it this way. A search may actually be a good idea in some situations. Just to see what there was, I did a quick search for Onstar. I came up with 20 threads total, and at least 4 that looked like they would definitely have an answer in them just by the thread title. Therefore, if I were wondering about what people thought about Onstar, I would immediately be able to get the answer instead of having to wait for responses to a new thread.

I am sure someone will answer whatever question you ask, regardless of how many times its been answered in the past. However, ask a question that has been answered a lot and your probably going to get one or more responses requesting that you do a search too. Its just the nature of internet forums.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not aware of any all-new GM vehicle in the USA, other than the Chevy Aveo, that don't at least have OnStar available as an option.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
bigd said:
I'm not aware of any all-new GM vehicle in the USA, other than the Chevy Aveo, that don't at least have OnStar available as an option.
GTO is not available with OnStar, but they claim that is because it is built in Australia. I cannot imagine it would be that difficult to install the telematics into the car since they have customized the drive train for the US anyway, but there must be some reason they passed on it in a car of that price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts